41

Cassie walked down the hallway after delivering the small potion to Elijah, she had quickly thrown ingredients together to make a small drink that allowed him to see what would have happened when they met. Hopefully it would sway him.

She lifted a small rose from the bouquet of flowers handing as party decorations from the walls, this one didn't look as healthy as the others, the petals had crisped and it was losing its red colour. Usually Cassandra wouldn't bother herself with things like that, but she was in a good mood. She let the magic flow through her fingers and watched as the rose returned to its healthier self, the red was vibrant and the leaves had regained its green colour, Cassie lifted it to her nose as she walked into her room and took a deep breath.

By this time, she was in the middle of the room. Her back towards the mirror and the darker corner of the room, the lights had been switched off, leaving the room only lit by the small glimmer of the moon in the sky.

She lowered the rose as the mood had changed completely.

"You didn't think you could hold me?" The voice behind her sent shivers down her spine, she shut her eyes as Cassie knew she didn't have a plan B.

Lucien emerged from the darkened corner, his arms snaking between hers, holding her hands back and her at a disadvantage. Cassandra lifted herself aggressively as she tried to break free, but Lucien spun her around to act as a shock absorber.

Cassandra kicked her legs, the heel of her shoe hitting against the mirror and completely smashing it, then she flung her head back, head butting the vampire, causing him to fly backwards.

He let go of Cassie and she jumped up, kicking off her shoes so she could run easily. But Lucien was 10x faster, Cassie barely made it past the desk by the time he had gotten up and sped Infront of her. Lucien pushed her back, causing her to take the contents of her desk with her, jars smashed under her body, piercing her back. Cassie yelped in pain.

"Fuck you" she growled as she could barely stand up, Lucien towered over her, he just looked down with a grin on his face.

He took her by the arm and pulled her up violently. "And we would have made quite the team" he said "don't you think the witches would have come for me?"

Cassie had given up, the glass had pierced her nerves so all that she could do was twitch and wait for them to heal.

"Obviously, I didn't" she spat "but they don't know that all it takes is a pretty face to persuade you go turn against them"

"I trusted you" Lucien gritted his teeth "I don't trust people"

"I'm a great liar" Cassie tried to shrug but Lucien had started pulling her towards the window.

"You're going to suffer for this" he said, opening the window with one hand "mark my words"

Cassandra jumped up with a start, she was already on her feet by the time she realised where she was. Her hands wrapped around the bars as she scanned the room, the cages were open and prisoners had been maimed and murdered, blood flowing down the path, reaching Cassie's feet. She had no shoes on, she was still dressed the same as she had been.

How long had it been? How long had she been in there? Her time perception had completely vanished as she couldn't see the sun nor anything outside. She was back in the same cell as she had been for three hundred years.

Lucien stepped into her line of sight, a incredibly smug smile on his face. "What's the matter love? Looks like you've seen a ghost" he said "or Jonathon, your little cell buddy back in the day"

"If you're trying to scare me, it's not working. I only spoke to him out of boredom" she huffed, folding her arms and rolling her eyes "petty attempt really"

"Oh no, this is just something for you to look at whilst you waste away in here" Lucien slid some clothes through the bars, and managed to kick some flats through as well "here, some change of clothes, don't want you in that poor excuse for a dress"

Well, it was covered in her own blood and Lucien's to be exact. It had begun to rub against her skin and dye her skin red. She took the shirt and jeans, waiting for him to leave for her to change.

"Not leaving eh?" She asked, adapting to her surroundings and pretending she didn't care. Cassie unzipped her dress and dropped it to the floor, keeping eye contact with him. She put the real, 3/4 length sleeve v neck over her head and stepped into the blue jeans. "So, what's the rest of this plan that you surely want me to know?"

"I wouldn't act so confident darling" Lucien tried to pull her from her high horse but she stood tall as always. "Because as we speak, an army of witches are storming the compound and taking your little family. And then, they'll be forced to watch you die"

"No" she refused. "You haven't"

"Oh, but I have"