65

(Chloe's POV)

I woke up to an empty bed again. The doctors told Val to take it easy but she doesn't listen to anybody.

I got up and went into the kitchen because I knew when she came back she would be hungry. The house was quiet since the boys were at my mama's house for the weekend so I figured I'd get up.

About 5 minutes later Val was back and sweaty.

"Good morning sweetheart." She said kissing me on the cheek and wrapping her arms around me.

"Good morning. You're sweaty you need to take a shower."

"Yeah yeah I know. Breakfast smells great though."

"Mmhmm Dr. Ming told you to take it easy. Running isn't taking it easy. Plus its December, and you're running with only a T-shirt on. You're going to get sick." I said

" Okat I'll wear a jacket next time but just laying around playing helpless isn't going to help anything either. "

"Are you a doctor?"

"No. Are you? I understand you don't me to hurt myself but I won't."

"Yeah yeah. Can you just take a shower and so you can eat breakfast."

She said something as she walked away but I couldn't hear. She's gotten good at that. I usually hear what she says.

By the time breakfast was done, Val was out of the shower and was in nothing but sweat pants and a sports bra. Her favorite outfit and mine too. I'm not going to lie, I didn't mind when she didn't put a shirt on. I kind of wished she never did. I kept staring at the scar the bullet left. You can tell she had stitches but she had a couple of those same marks in different places on her body.

"Is it that bad?" Val said pulling me from my thoughts.

"Huh?"

"You were staring at the scar on my chest. Is it that bad?"

"Oh um not really. Its just that I can actually see it."

"Do you want me to put a shirt on?" She asked stuffing a pancake in her mouth

"No no. You're fine. Its just a new scar. Another story to tell I guess."

"Another nightmare for you?"

"I didn't mean it like that." She smiled and motioned for me to come to her. I walked over to her and she pulled me down to sit on her lap.

"I know what you meant. That's why I decided to quit my job."

"What? No. You already quit something for me."

"Life is about making sacrifices."

"Val, that's not fair to you."

"And making you move from the house you grew up in, putting you in danger, and stressing you out isnt fair to you."

"I don't feel like you should alter your life. You'll end up unhappy."

"I'll figure something out. Besides, as long as I have you I'm happy."

"Val, in all reality, things are going to change. All this cute stuff will eventually run out and we will have to deal with other problems and I'm not going to be able to make you happy all the time. You're going to wonder if giving up everything you love to please me was worth it.

"This is where 'till death do us part" falls in. No matter what happens, even if I feel like we're losing what we have now, we'll find a way to get back to where we started."