Chapter 23: The Spirit Realm - Part 1

Chapter 23
The Spirit Realm - Part 1

As I'm on a wolf form, Zane howls. The sun is bright as ever, giving a wide light to the wilderness. This is actually the first patrol in the morning. Sniffing, trying to catch a different scent, I smell nothing but a river that's on the east side two miles away from where I am. The birds sing, chirping as they fly across the air, jumping from one branch to another. The wind howls, making me shudder as the trees bend slightly.

"We're safe," Damien announces as he lands on his paws, jumping from the bushes. His wolf's name is also Damien. That's kind of strange. You could only tell on who's speaking by their voice. Damien the human has a soft voice whereas Damien the wolf has this deep, resonating voice. Damien the wolf is the one who's speaking. "There's no trace of a different smell. I think we're pretty done for the morning patrolling routine."

Agreeing with him as I lick my paw, I watch him as he flips his brown tail back and forth rather excitedly. "How are you and Léandre?"

His eyes light up, ears perking up as he heard his mate's name. He looks at me with those eyes full of love for his mate. I can feel the vibe that he's giving. He's so in love with his mate that it clouds his eyes with positiveness. Looking dreamily, he sighs as he sits down, looking upwards across the calm and blue sky. "We're doing good. I thought that he was going to reject me but he didn't. Instead he did these things that would make me more happy. He told me that he'd try to be as mate as possible to me because he's new to this, but he did more than enough. The fact that he accepted me, it's what makes me happy." The way Damien tells me the story, his eyes lighting up even more, and his lips are curved upwards as he radiates this vibe that will make everyone smile when you're around him, you can pretty tell that he's really happy with the way things are.

"Congratulations," I chirp, feeling the happiness that bubbles inside me. Damien's ears even perk more when he hears me congratulating him. It's rare for me to congratulate people. Every member of the pack knows that. I guess I'm so stubborn that if I do little things, people here would be so shocked. Just like what happened earlier with Cloud, when I was in the kitchen, preparing myself some fresh breakfast, smiling like I've just won the lottery. "It's nice to see how happy you are. You give a different feeling to everyone. We need more happy werewolf like you."

"You seem happy, too, Great Beta." He chortles, smiling brightly.

Smiling, I nod at his words. "Yes, I am."

When we get back to the pack land after patrolling the pack's boundaries for about an hour and a half, we see the three Luna distributing cold waters to the warriors that have patrolled the boundaries this morning.

Trotting over to tables where the cold water in a jug is placed, I grab an empty glass and pours water in it. Putting the rim across my lips, Dave walks up to me with a smile plastered across his face. As he walks towards my direction, my heart races faster and the world slowly fades. My eyes are just focused on him, and the background becomes a void. Dave snaps a finger in front of my face, chuckling as he does so.

"I know I'm cute, stop ogling me." Dave lets his hand fly across the air, rolling his eyes playfully as he shows me his beautiful smile. I grin at him. "So how's, what's that word again?" - Dave asks one of the warriors named Henry and when he gets the answer, he thanks Henry and turns to me - "So how's patrolling the boundaries? You look tired."

I'm not going to ignore the fact that Dave looks like my wife caring for my being. The thought of marking him as mine excites me. My head flashes a million images of me and Dave: the mating, the wedding, kids running around, it's good to picture those, and knowing that it's close to reality, that it's close to have, it's making everything perfect.

"I'm perfectly fine," I reply, chirping as I beam at him. He notices the drink that it's in my hand and his face drops down a bit, frowning. It disappears as fast as it appeared, but I noticed it. He smiles widely at me, his left eye twitching a bit as he  nods. He turns around and slips his free hand in the front, not wanting me to see what he has brought me, but I did. It's an orange drink. I know it. He brought me an orange juice for God's sake. As he's about to walk away, I place the glass of water back on the table hastily and turn him around, catching his wrist and grabbing the orange drink that's in his hands. "I love orange juice. Did you bring this for me? I hope you did. I don't want a plain water for my body to consume."

Dave nods meekly, a blush covering his cheeks as he tries to hide his face away from me.  Chuckling, I open the bottle and chug down the orange juice Dave has brought me and I must say that it tastes good. I'm not a fan of orange juice, but for the sake of Dave, I suddenly love it.

"Wow, I love orange juice. Very refreshing."

Dave smiles brightly. Zane howls in happiness, jumping up and down as he sees how happy our mate is. Walking beside him, he falls into silence as he stares at the pups/kids playing. There's a sudden urge to hold his hand in mine and it takes a lot of power not to do that, considering he's constantly brushing his hand against mine. I don't know whether he'd like me to hold his hand or not, and I wonder if I'm being a coward or not.

"It's still hard for me to believe that werewolves exist," he chuckles, shaking his head as he stares down at his feet. We skid to a stop, watching each other. His eyes crinkle just a bit when he smiles. "I thought it was just on fairy tales, but it's not. I'm fine with this. It feels like I'm finally living my life after mom."

"Your mom, she seemed awesome."

"She was," he agrees, chuckling while nodding. "There's nothing more I could ask for. She was thoughtful, caring, lovable, and she was very, very, very cool. She had a kind heart. She accepted Kieran with no hesitation and loved him just like she loved me. It's so sad to think that she's physically not here to witness this but at the same time it's reassuring that she's not here to see how awful I am right now. If there's one thing I want her to know, it's that I'm recovering well and that I know some persons who care for me as much as she did."

"I'm going to take care of you no matter what," I assure him as I take a step forward, head inching closer to his as I lean down. As our lips merely touch, that's when another horrible creature decides to stop us. It's Troy the Enchanter and his friend Brayden the Shaman. Brayden has this terrified look on his face as he approaches us.

"Where's the Great Alpha?" Both Troy and Brayden ask simultaneously. I jerk my chin towards the Great Room, where him and his mate are discussing something that needs to be discussed alone. "Are they in a meeting? This is really important."

Léandre bursts through the door with his wings wide open, jumping as high as a bird and landing in front of us, his mate Damien trailing behind him. "Did you feel it?"

"Of course I do, Andre!" Brayden says as he looks at Léandre like he has lost his mind or has grown another head. "It's so strong. We need to do something about it."

That's when the Great Alpha decides to show together with his mate beside him. "What's happening?" Dave is just looking back and forth between the people around him, getting confused every second. "Brayden, Troy, why are you here?"

"This is pretty important," the Shaman says as he turns around to face the Great Alpha, merely bowing down to give respect. "The Spirit Realm. Something bad is happening in the Spirit Realm."

"A friend of mine has contacted me," Léandre butts in, looking over at his mate. "Demons are awakening. They are trying to get their feet on Earth through Spirit Realm. I don't know how, but they have a way. It feels like the Spirit Realm is in war right now. Something along like that."

"We need to stop those demons," says Troy with a hard look on his face. "We can't let them step a foot on Earth. The world will be in danger. Once a demon takes a step here, it will be the start of a riot."

Brayden looks across from me to Dave. "Right now, what we need is the Guardian of the Werewolves as he has had connections with the Spirit Realm before."