1

It was difficult for me, leaving Gravity Falls. I never wanted to leave. I wish I could've studied with Ford, but I knew having a good relationship with Mabel was priority.

We rushed that morning, getting ready for school. Out of pure habit, I put on my slightly burnt, slightly bloodstained, and slightly tattered hat I had been wearing all the previous summer.

"I will not have my son go to school in that!" My mom had told me, taking the hat off my head.

The bus pulled up, and she pushed me out the door...without my hat.

Mabel was giddily skipping alongside me, as we climbed on the bus and sat across from each other.

"Hey bro-bro! Why don't you have your hat?" She asked me.

"Mom took it off of me as the bus pulled up." My face was red with embarrassment. I mean, my birthmark was showing!

"Don't worry Dipping Sauce! I'm sure you'll be okay!" Mabel chided optimistically.

I pulled my hair over my forehead.

The bus stopped, we were finally at school.

I tugged at my hair even more, keeping my head down and walking quickly to the front office, where mom had arranged for Mabel and I to pick up our schedules.

"Bro, wait up!" Mabel said, half jogging to keep with my pace.

I just wanted to avoid Nicholas and his groupies. They were the reason I hid my birthmark in the first place.

Mabel and I walked into the office, and I kept trying to keep my hair over my forehead.

"Hey!" Mabel greeted the woman running the front office. "Mabel and Mason Pines, here for our class schedules!"

"Oh! Okay..." The woman rummaged through her drawers, pulling out two papers and handing them to Mabel.

"Thanks!" Mabel said as we left.

She handed me my schedule.

I couldn't believe it when I found I was in a college level class, I was only an eighth grader!

Period One~Study Hall (A days)
                     French (B days)
Period Two~AP Biology
Period Three~Honors Algebra
Period Four~Honors History
Period Five~Honors English

Home room: French

Locker: #618
Code: 06-01-08

"Mabel, compare schedules?"

She handed me hers.

Period One~Art (A days)
                       French (B days)
Period Two~World History
Period Three~Honors Algebra
Period Four~English
Period Five~Sciences

Home room: French

Locker: #620
Code: 06-04-08

"Looks like we only have French and Algebra together. Ooh, and home room! I remember when they always gave us identical schedules!" Mabel exclaimed.

"Yeah. I do too. At least our lockers are near each other," I said, fixing my hair over my forehead again.

"Bro, why are you adjusting your hair again?"

"I...I don't want to show my birthmark."

"Oh."

We walked down one wing of the school, dropping off nothing at our lockers. We learned that it's easiest to just carry around our bags, rather than leave them.

We separated and headed off to our first A-day class. She went to Art, and I headed to Study.