Chapter 19 - Bad dream and lots of puke

I'm not sure wether the info in the pic is true, but I'll just warn you amazing writers and readers.
This chap is more like a filler but it's sorta important too. It contains a sneak peek into Jess's unknown life.

Jessica's POV (Finally! Writing from a guy's POV wasn't easy.)

Unlike the other books, it wasn't the sun shining brightly through the window that woke me from my beauty sleep, it was the damn backache. The position and nature of the surface on which I was laid down was nothing like my fluffy bed which I'm so used to sleeping on.

Well, now the most anticipated question arises -

What exactly was a sleeping on?

It wasn't my bed, that I'm sure of. My bed would never betray me with such painful backaches. It couldn't be the floor cause it would've given me a cold along with a backache. What was it then? My mind was itching to find that piece of information out.

So, why didn't I just open my eyes and find out?

I didn't feel like it. Never, and I mean never in my life have I ever felt so horrible. I felt like I've been hit by a tractor trailer and my throat just felt unusually dry, like I haven't had a sip of H2O since a few millennia. My entire body felt sore, like I had been punched several times. I felt anxious and my heartbeat rate was unusually high. This isn't supposed to happen.

Thanks to my mind, who insisted that I lay awake with my eyes closed for some more time, due to the unusual and horrendous moment I was going through, I now started thinking about the weird memory I just recalled in my dream. And yes, I'm planning to tell you all about it.

"Why do you even breath you..." He thought for the most suitable word for me through his pathetic excuse of a mind as he held me up high by grasping my shirt collar.

This was my favourite Dora the Explorer shirt.

"Piece of cunt!" He yelled after a while. I shuddered, my tiny mind not knowing the meanings of the curses he yells at me.

"I'm sorry." I barely whispered, although I didn't know for what. I don't think I've broken any of the rules this time.

"Your lousy sorry won't do what I want to do." He yelled again. Seriously, what was wrong with him? With all this yelling, I was sure that'd he'd undoubtedly lose his voice. Or make me go deaf.

"Now, ask what I want to do." He glared at me like I was the culprit here and he was the policeman.

"W-what to you want to do?" I stammered. I was completely terrified whenever I came into his view. Sometimes, I built up the courage to yell back at him but his power was what I was afraid of. Not political power I mean, physical power.

"I want to kill you in the most painful way to ever have existed and save the money I've been wasting on you. And you know, what do I see when I look at you?" He whispered.

"Pathetic piece of shit who doesn't deserve to live." He spoke menacingly as he dropped me down on the not-so-soft floor. Even after hearing these very words so many times from his smelly mouth, I couldn't wrap my mind around the fact that he wanted to kill me.

My own father wanted to see me dead.

I sat up immediately, forgetting about the headache and the sore feeling. I looked around me, realising that I had been sleeping on the sofa in my living room, which is almost as hard as diamond. And I'm not even kidding. Also, I spotted something unusual. Asher sleeping beside me on the floor.