Chapter 8

Edited.

Three days later.

After the talk with the Moon Goddess I did not return back.

No I did not run away. I would have never done that. I just needed time. I had to be alone to think about what she told me.

She said that I cannot mark him in order to be saved. If I do then he would die. But if I don't then I will. The irony of this situation was torturing me. Just a couple of days ago I was stating how I would never sacrifice anything for my mate.

And here I am now sitting on the stool in a local human club and drinking whiskey. Drowning my sorrows. I chuckled at my state. What did I get myself into?

Why couldn't I just forget about him?. Why couldn't I ignore what The Moon Goddess said and mark him. I would be saved, and perhaps we would have a child to continue the pack line. But then he would die.

"Another one" I said for the uptenth time this evening.

This stupid mate bond was already getting to me. I was willing to sacrifice my own life in order to save his, yet I had no feelings for the young alpha.

The young bartender handed me the glass eyeing me carefully. He must be amazed how I'm not dancing on the tables with random people right now due to the fact that I drank enough to make a full grown man pass out.

Our tolerance towards alcohol was much stronger than for humans. It did make us tipsy or drunk but it took much longer.

I took another sip glancing at my black combat boots. Why was everything so complicated? Why couldn't I just have a simple life?

The smell of sweat and alcohol hit my nose even though I was sitting here for the past three hours. I ran for hours and hours and got as far away as possible. I came to a halt when I saw a club and decided I would come inside.

I had my face covered as always. And closed my head with my hood. I did not need any humans dying on me.

"Change it to Vodka" I said to the bartender after finishing the glass and sliding it away from me.

He hesitantly handed me the Shot. I emptied it in a breath and motioned for him to give me another one.

"So whats with the mask?" He finally asked after handing me the shot.

"I don't want people to see my face" I said after drowning it in one breath.

"Why? Afraid you'd have the whole male. Population hitting on you?"

I laughed swallowing the next one.

"Actually quite the opposite" I voiced. Why was I even talking with this human?. Have I completely lost my mind already? Perhaps the alcohol was starting to kick in.

"Why would you say that? Your gorgeous" He exclaimed. I almost spat  my drink. Did this man really say that?

"Are you on drugs?" I asked him. If he was then I wouldn't judge him. I perfectly knew the situation.

"I may be a bartender but that doesn't mean I'm a druggie"

"Well you did just call me gorgeous didn't you?" I asked him.

"Why are you being self conscious?"  He questioned.

"Dude i'm not self-conscious. I'm quite confident of myself, I don't look exactly the way rest of the people do" I answered.

"Well you have beautiful eyes. A body girls would kill for. What is it that makes you different from the rest of us?" he asked.

Oh how about the little fact that I am the most powerful and fearful Alpha in the world. While you are just a simple human who has nothing to do with the supernatural world?

"Well they are a lot of things you don't know about me"

............ ............. ............... ................ ...................

"Don't you think that's enough?" The bartender raised an eyebrow.

I giggled like a little girl.

"Yeah that's totally enough" He took a deep breath.

"Come here" I called him.

He seemed confused. He pointed to himself questioning weather I was talking to him or not.

"Of course you, now come here" I  smiled darkly while getting of my stool.

He slowly came forward. I ran  my fingers down his chest in a seductive way.

"Maybe we should take this somewhere private?" he stuttered.

I smirked nodding my head.

He took my hand and dragged me to the girls bathroom. He pinned me to the wall and was about to kiss me when I stopped him.

"Don't you want to see me first?What if i'm hideous or maybe dangerous" I  questioned him.

"I know you are dangerous something in you tells me that."

"And you'r not afraid of me?" I asked him

"I like bad girls. I like girls who are trouble" he whispered causing me to chuckle.

"Oh but baby i'm not trouble, i'm worse much-much worse"

"I...I know who you are" he whispered.

"Oh really?" I laughed ruffling his hair. The silly human.

"Then why don't you tell me?"

"You are a werewolf"

My eyes widened. Did I just hear correctly or was I already out of my mind?

"Well I saw one myself. Plus my brother's mate is a werewolf. " He murmured. He knew about mates too?

"How do you know i'm one too?"

He smirked.

"You are mysterious and dark. You are wearing contacts to cover your eye color. And when I  asked you why are you different from us you didn't answer. And please don't forget about the amount you drank. A normal person would have dropped dead long time ago."

"Smart human"

"Well you are right."  I smirked.

"And if you tell someone about this then you won't live to see another day"

He gulped in fear but nodded.

'S..So will you show me your face?" he whispered.

"I don't want anymore human blood on me."

" I won't die. Just show me." he demanded.

I turned around. My contact were off and so was my mask.

He gasped in shock and took a step back while I  just smirked.

"So do you like me now?" I mocked him.

"What happened to you" he whispered. 

I just stayed silent.

He took a step forward and looked at my face.

"I..I still didn't change my opinion about you he whispered. You still are beautiful, you look deadly but still breath taking"

"You are a fool if you think so" I shook my head with a smile on my face.

Then I  looked into his eyes and whispered

"You will forget about ever meeting me."

He nodded his head and repeated what I just said then left.

I put my contacts and mask on and left. I knew I had to go back sooner or later.