Farewell

A squad car was parked on the tarmac and two cops were talking to the vice principle. A couple of teachers were trying to shoo away the students without much success.

I could feel a cold sweat going down the back of my neck. I was hoping more than anything that this wasn't what I thought it was. Please, God, no.

Everyone around me was talking loudly about what their theories were and I blocked it all out, scanning the area around for Gerard. This had to be something else.

I noticed the vice principle looking around as well and then his eyes stopped on me. We had been acquainted a few times last year when I had gone through my detention every week phase.

One of the cops looked at me as well before saying something to the other one.

Shit, no. This wasn't it. It had to be something else.

The teachers had obviously given up on trying to get rid of everyone because they were just watching like everyone else as the vice principle came over to me.

My heart was beating loudly in my chest as I stared up at him.

"Frank, I need to talk to you." His expression was unreadable. Although, I noticed the sympathy in his eyes. Fuck.

All I could think to do was nod before following him over to the squad car. The whispering behind me got louder and I soon heard my name being passed around. I knew that everyone was watching me.

"Hello, Son." One of the cops smiled at me when I was stood in front of them, "I hope you don't mind but we have a few questions for you."

My hand tightened on my bag strap. "About uh... What?"

He shared a look with his partner. "An allegation has been made."

My hands were getting sweaty and my heart was threatening to jump out of my chest. Fuck fuck fuck.

"Would you like to come down to the station with us?" The other cop asked.

My eyes shifted from him back to the other and then to the vice principle. "No." My voice was small and shaky.

The cops shared a look again. "Do you know what this is about?" The original one asked.

Was lying the best option? Fuck, I had no idea what to do. I found myself shaking my head.

"Is your Drama teacher Mr. Gerard Way?"

I actually felt the blood drain from my face. My mouth was going dry and I had lost my words. I just nodded.

"Do you know if he's in his classroom right now?"

"I-I don't know. Maybe." Fuck, my voice was shaking like mad.

The other cop suddenly walked off, towards the building Gerard's classroom was in. Holy shit.

I stared after him until the other cop caught my attention again. "I know this is hard but I need you to be completely honest with me. Can you do that for me, Son?"

That was what I was scared of. I couldn't do it.

I found myself starting to walk back, away from the cop.

"Now, now." He put his hands up in innocence, "You're not in any trouble, don't worry."

I just shook my head, my breathing coming out loud and jittery. "No..."

I stopped when I heard a gasp from some of the students to my right. I turned my head in the direction to see the other cop coming over again with Gerard in tow. Gerard's face was blank. How did he do it?

They stopped next to the other cop.

I was shaking my head before I'd even realised I was doing it.

"Frank, it's okay." Gerard said to me.

Fuck you, it was okay! It was no where near okay!

The two cops had turned their attention to him and one of them had a pair of handcuffs ready.

"Gerard Way, allegations have been made against you in regards to an illegal relationship with one of your students."

Why was he talking so loud?! Everyone could hear him!

Gerard fucking nodded. "I know." He said and looked at me, "I made them."

It felt like the wind had been knocked out of me. "What?!" I found my voice again and it was loud, "Why would you do that?!"

One of the cops turned Gerard around and opened the pair of handcuffs.

"Stop it!" Full on tears were falling down my face as I dropped my bag and ran over to them. Just as I was about to push over the motherfucker, the other cop grabbed me.

Gerard and the main cop turned again to look at me. Gerard was crying as well.

"It will be okay, Frank." He said to me, "I promise you."

I struggled but the cop's grip was steel. "You can't leave me!"

I heard the click as the handcuffs sealed his wrists and the cop stated, "Gerard Way, you are under arrest for taking sexual advantage of a minor. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to have an attorney present during questioning. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you."

While he recited his lines, I tried my best to get free to no avail. The cop started leading Gerard over to the car and I started wailing loudly. It couldn't end like this.

"Frank!" Gerard called over to me as he was being pushed, "I'm sorry!"

"Don't take him!" I was almost having a panic attack; I was finding it hard to breathe.

"Calm down, Kid." The cop holding me said but I ignored him.

"Stay beautiful, Flower." I heard Gerard say as he was being shoved into the back of the car, "Flourish for me."

The door shut loudly.

The cop finally let go of me and I fell onto the floor, on my hands and knees. I didn't give a shit who was watching as I cried on the floor. My life was fucking over.

"Can you call in his mother?" I heard above me.

"Yes, of course. I'll take him to my office."

"We still need to ask him some questions but maybe when he's calmed down."

"You can't!" I banged my fists against the tarmac, "I love him!"

I felt dizzy and sick and fucking suicidal. This wasn't how things were supposed to go! We were supposed to wait until we could be together again. Why had he turned himself in?!

I lifted my head to see the cops climbing into the car and the engine starting. They couldn't just take him out of my life.

"Come on, Frank." I felt a hand on my arm and looked up to see the vice principle looking uncomfortable, "Let's get you a hot drink."

I didn't want a motherfucking hot drink! I wanted Gerard.

The car was moving past me and the students closest to the gate moved out of the way. I watched as the love of my life was driven away from me. This couldn't be it.

"Your mom will be here soon." I heard behind me as I stared after the car even though I couldn't see it anymore.

My crying had subsided and the tears were drying onto my cheeks. There was no coming back from this. There was nothing I could do.

This was it. The end.

What was I supposed to do now?