||P r a y e r R o o m||

F o u r

What hurts you, blesses you
Darkness is your candle.

-Rumi-

Mashal

It had become a routine matter for me.

Zeyara and I shared the same bus to college and we also had to share the prayer room. At first I thought it would be better if I let him pray first and after he is done then I'd go but he just takes so long to pray that if I don't pray at the same time as him, I would be late for class.

I try my best not to talk to him and I guess he does the same because it's been a week but we only talked once; only when there were just two seats in the bus. Other than that, I appreciate his values.

He is such an amazing muslim. Unlike other boys, he doesn't try to find excuses to talk to girls.

I wish I was as pious as him.

But today, something peculiar happened. I boarded the bus but Zeyara was not there. I thought that he might be late and didn't give much attention to this.

However, when I got off at the bus stop near my college, I saw a very familiar car there.
That white Honda.

No Mashal, there are a million white Hondas across the globe. Its not her car.

Shrugging the thought off my mind I walked nearer to the car. My curious eyes scanned the number plate and to my horror, it really was Minahil's car.

It was Minahil's car just outside my college entrance and I couldn't comprehend why she would come to my college.

Maybe she came here to apologise......
But she could've apologised at home. Awwwww my sister came all the way here just to say sorry to me!

Smiling, I walked over to the car. Minahil's reflective windows didn't allow me to see inside so I gently tapped her window.

She rolled her window down slowly revealing her laughing face.

But it's not her face that made my soul almost leave my body. It was the face of the person sitting beside her.

Mohammed Zeyara.

Here I was, thinking good of him. Thinking that he was not like other boys who hit upon girls whenever they get the chance.

And there he was hanging out with my own sister.
I felt my blood boil and anger made its way to my limbs.

"Hiya sister! Whatsupp?" Minahil chuckled, well aware of the effect her actions had on me.
But I was not looking at her. I was looking at the hypocrite sitting in my sister's car. I swear if eyes could kill, my eyes would've killed him right then and there.

He stared back at me with a look of confusion as if asking me what he did wrong.
Such an actor. So now he's trying to play innocent?

"I hate you! Both of you." I growled at them. I wanted to scream but it was not a scream. It was more like a whimper, a cry of someone who had been robbed.

Anger turned into hatred, the arrows of hatred struck my heart and the ache made tears gush out of my eyes.

Oblivious to my feelings, Minahil kept on grinning. "Don't be jealous that I stole your guy." She winked at me.