Chapter Twenty Six~*

1- Jeff

"Hey!" I shout, taking their attention away from the screen and Jaime grips my jacket tightly. "What are you all doing here?"

"Oh, man, we haven't had a game night in forever! Come on, lets play." Ben whines.

"Yeah, okay." I walk in and I can finally see who's on my bed. "Hey, Steven. Hey, Dark." I pause. "Gold." He looks at me nervously and nods his head. I dismiss it and sit down. "What game are we playing?"

"Mine." Dark chimes in.

1~ Jamie

I stare in bewilderment at Jeff. I must admit, I'm shocked. Jeff completely forgot about me! I step inside and look around. There is no room on the bed and the chair Jeff was using earlier now holds the tv. I sigh and sink to the ground, having nowhere else to sit. I sigh again and lean back against the wall.

"Hey, Jeff, whose the girl?" A guy dressed completely in red asks.

"Oh, her? She's my partner, Jaime." He never takes his eyes off the screen as he says this.

"Oh, heyo, Jamie. I'm Steven. The guy beside me is Dark Link but we call him Dark. The guy behind me is Gold. And I think you know Ben, right?" He points to them all and introduces them.

"Yeah, I know Ben." I answer.

He nods and turns his attention back to the screen. I shake my head and bury my face in my hands. After a while, I begin to get this feeling that someone is watching me. I lift my head and look at the bed. The guy named Gold is staring at me. I smile at him and he turns bright red.

"Gold, why are you red?" Dark asks, looking between us.

"Huh?" Steven looks at us. "Oh! Gold likes Jamie." Steven begins singing and giggling, "Gold likes Jamie, Gold likes Jamie, Gold like Jamie."

"What?" The game stops and Jeff and Ben turn around to look at us.

"Dude, look. Gold totally has the hots for her." Ben intones, widening his grin.

"N-n-no I-I d-don't!" Gold shouts, turning brighter red.

I watch as they all laugh. "So?" My chilly voice cuts through and stops all laughter. "What's the big deal?"

"Well," Ben begins.

"We all figured-" Steven cuts in.

"That you and Jeff-" Dark waggles his eyebrows as he joins in.

"Are a thing." Ben finishes.

My jaw tightens. "No, we're not. I have no interest in Jeff and he has no interest with me." Everything goes quiet. "Please, continue your game."

The boys stay frozen, all staring at me until Ben says, "You don't have to tell me twice." And the music starts up again.

I can feel the others look at me occasionally but I ignore their looks. Gold stands and comes to sit by me.

"Th-thank y-y-you." He whispers.

"For what?" I ask.

"I-I-I d-don't kn-know." He answers honestly.

I smile and lean back against the wall. "Don't worry about it." He nods and gets up to leave. "Wait." I grab his sleeve and hold him in place. "Sit with me. I'm lonely."

His face goes red again and he sits back down. We sit in a comfortable silence and watch as the guys take turns playing.

"You don't want to join?" I eventually ask, realizing that him sitting by me prevents him from playing.

"N-no. I-I'm n-n-not g-good at v-video ga-games. A-and I-I-I l-like it h-here b-b-better."

"You sure?" I persist. He gives a quick nod but I can see the longing in his eyes when he looks back at the screen. "Gold," He looks at me. "Go." I give him a playful shove in the direction of the tv.

He grins and goes to sit by Steven. When Steven dies, he passes it to Gold. I sit back and watch as Gold beats all the others high scores. When he finally dies and comes to sit back by me, I have a huge grin on my face.

"Oh, yeah, you're so not that good." I point at the screen as Jeff dies.

"I-it's n-nothing." He says this with a proud smile.

2~ Jeff

I stare hatefully at the words on screen. I didn't even come close to Gold's scores. Normally, I wouldn't care because I know he's better than all of us except maybe Ben but now it causes a feeling of anger to boil up. I glance over at the two and see Jamie smiling at him.

"Jealous, much?" Steven whispers in my ear.

"Shut up." I mutter and push his face away, causing him to topple off the bed. "I'm not jealous. I don't even like her." I tear my eyes away from her bright smile.

"You know, I figured that when you went to get her, you meant to keep her. And now look how fast you lost her!" Ben whispers in my ear.

"You are all trying to piss me off, aren't you?" I growl.

He shrugs, that same smile on his face. "No, not really."

I growl and look back at the screen. Now I remember why I avoid them all the time.

"Jeff," I turn to Jamie. "I'm going to the living room with Gold. Bye." She walks out with Gold.

I hear the guys whoop but I ignore them and turn back to the screen. "My turn." I grab the remote and play.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

There are two new characters who you probably won't recognize. Gold is the guy from the Lost Silver creepypasta and no, his name is not Silver. Steven is the character from Strangled Red.

Question: Who would win: Link or BEN?