Mating Season

Odd thing I'm adding to the plot. *sigh* not my proudest work, but I'm not re-writing the chapters. 

This is basically a pre-mating season where the females produce a scent that attracts the male nightfury's. The females also become very very attracted to the male species. 

The females often have strange dreams during the week of mating season and have major indecisiveness and mood swings. Basically, think of it as a dragon period. Blegh...

Y/n P.O.V. 

I woke up several times during the night because of odd dreams. Some were funny, some were fancy, and some were scary.

Groaning and ignoring the bright light attempting to penetrate my eyelids, i tried to fall back asleep.

My ears perked as something softly land next to me. It softly padded toward me and stood a few feet away. Too tired to truly care, i groaned and opened one eyelid to peer at the intruder.

It was just Toothless.

"Oh. It's just you. I thought it was someone important."  I mumbled, closing my eye.

I heard a protesting "HUMPH" from him.

My brain, clearing from the grogy-ness of sleep was finally able to process what was going on.

TOOTHLESS WAS HERE!

"WAIT! You're here!" I roared excitedly.

"Yes. Yes. I'm here." He muttered, looking amused at my reaction.

Looking around, i didn't see his human anywhere.

"Toothless?" I asked.

"Yes?" he replied.

"Where is your human? You always have one with you to 'help you fly.'"

"Last night, after we left you, he had me fly home and worked all night to make me an awesome tail. He said that i should... Never mind. The point is, not I can spend more time with you without you getting defensive about humans."

"Awesome!!!" I cried excitedly.

"Um. Y/n?" Toothless asked shyly.

"Yes? I replied, turning to him with a sweet smile."

"Can I show you a special place?"

"Sure! Although if it's a human clan, you're going to be in trouble..." I said excitedly, but not joking about the threat at the end.

Walking up a slightly sharp incline, Toothless led me out of the lake area.

This might just be hormones from mating season talking, but Toothless didn't seem like such a bad guy.

I mean, other than him kidnapping me, letting the humans try to kill me, and being a bit... Eccentric.

Walking together peacefully, the forest greenery seemed almost serene.

Hearing a flutter, I turned to look at the source. It was a bird with feathers that resembled fire. It's head was black at the top and faded into a fiery red at the base of it's head. It's shoulders continued the fiery red, fading like a flame into orange and yellow at the tip of the tail feathers. The fading colors didn't all fade at the same place though. They faded at different intervals, creating the magnificent look of fire.

Nudging toothless, I pointed my snout excitedly at the bird.

"Toothless! Toothless! Look! I found a really cool bird!!!" I whisper shouted to him.