- 29 -

“Wow, someone’s up early,” I notice as I bite into my apple.

“Yeah, well, I have plans today,” Melissa snaps back, taking a soda from the fridge.

“To do what?” I ask.

“If you must know, I’m visiting our mother.”

This surprised me more than I thought it would. “Really?” I ask, tossing away the core of my apple. “What made you change your mind?”

“I was never against seeing her. I just didn’t care. You seemed a lot happier after your little visit, so I figured why not? It couldn’t hurt,” she says with a shrug, sipping her morning beverage.

“Well good for you. Let me know how it goes. Did you want me to go with you?”

“Nah, that’s alright. I’ll go on my own.”

“I know she’ll be happy to see you. She was crushed yesterday when I said you couldn’t make it.”

“Good to know,” she says, rolling her eyes and leaving. Wow. Sisterly love.

In my state of boredom I decided to head downstairs and play guitar for a little bit. It’s been a while since I last practiced. With everything that’s been happening with Liam and Harry and Melissa and my mother, it just really hasn’t been on my mind. I could use a good hour or two to release my emotions though. What else is music for? As I walk into the recording room I almost smack into Harry.

“Woops. Sorry,” I say.

“It’s alright,” he tells me, moving out of the way.

“I’ll come back later. I don’t want to interrupt you,” I say, backing out of the room. I remembered him telling me this was his place to escape. His spot to be alone.

“No, no, no,” he says, pulling me back by my waist. I smile. “You’re not going anywhere.”

He shut the door with his foot and planted his lips on mine. The kiss deepened as my back pressed against the wall. My fingers played with his curls, and his lips moved to my neck.

“What if your parents come down?” I ask, smirking. He shuts me up by touching his lips to mine again.

“They won’t,” he assures, temporarily breaking the kiss. I giggle as he picks me up and moves me to the couch only for us to continue making out once again. His hand slipped under my shirt, and I didn’t hesitate to remove his. As his fingers felt for the hook of my bra, a familiar voice echoed in my head.

Are you mad because I slept with your little boyfriend?

It’s his word against mine.

You can’t trust anyone.

Harry doesn’t care about you. Nobody ever will.