024

"Calum!" the Maori boy was awoken by long legs straddling his waist, a beautifully sleep riddled, husky voice in his ears. Thick lashes fluttering, Calum opened his eyes with tears tracking across his flushed, angry cheeks. Luke was laid on top of him, shirtless with sweatpants hung low on his bony hips. The blonde delicately smeared the droplets from his mate's cheeks, lanky legs squeezing his waist tightly.

"What're you doing?" Calum asked softly and tiredly, the tear tracks on his brown cheeks having not yet registered. Luke drew his attention to it by wetting his thumb in the liquid, and slowly smearing it across the pink lips on his mate's caramel-skinned face. Calum bit the soft skin once Luke's finger had left, looking up with dark eyes. The action only enhanced his chiseled jaw, that somehow blended with his squishy cheeks. Luke leaned down to kiss away the tears that had traced down his neck and into the pools his collarbones created. "Oh," Calum breathed.

"I think I'm doing you, sweetheart," Luke whispered. Calum shook his head vehemently.

"I don't bottom," he insisted. The blonde smirked devilishly and squeezed the older boy's waist tighter between his legs, pressing their hips flush with one another's. Calum gasped softly, but still refused to allow his lanky mate to top. Luke continued to tease him with slow kisses, blowing warm puffs of air onto the slightly shorter boy's soft lips. "Luke," Calum whined, shifting under the fabric of his shorts, that were rapidly getting tighter around his crotch.

   "Just embrace your inner bottom," the blonde coaxed, grinding slowly. Calum finally groaned loudly in frustration, and forced Luke onto his back, mouthing at his ears and neck. "I'm happy to wank off, but we all know you can't do shit with your left hand."

"Wha-?" It was only then that Calum remembered slamming his hand in a door the day prior, after returning to school when the three lads could no longer be homeschooled with Ashton. He'd forgotten how the one door slammed at a much higher velocity than the others, and received a flaming red, bandaged palm.

He whined, long and unhappily. Luke smirked, kissing his cheek and trotting out of the room on his giraffe-like legs. "Lucas!" Calum shouted, and was met with two of his mates instead of one. Michael joined them, his eyes glistening, visibly fragile from seeing Ashton.

   "I need a distraction," he muttered weakly, and slid over Cal's knees to drop kisses on his hipbones. Luke joined them quickly, and the three lost themselves in the distraction.

They ignored the awkwardness of the situation, without Ashton in the middle of them. They ignored the tension that still thrummed between them, layers of jealousy and annoyance that still simmered from their competition for Ashton's monogamous boyfriend status.

Meanwhile, at Ashton's house, the brunette was leaned comfortably against Rena's shoulder, who was leaned against Casey, who was slumped forward over a textbook. Anne Irwin had been happy to homeschool the two teenagers instead of Ashton's three (ex?) best friends, especially since they were good students, who actually went to class. Though, the woman had warned she couldn't do it for much longer, as she would soon have to head back to work teaching at the university.

"How do you know all this, 'shton?" Casey sighed, dark eyes scanning the mind numbing words.

"Seriously," Rena agreed. "I can barely pass senior year and I'm in senior year." Ashton giggled awkwardly, his hazelly-green orbs turning to the hardwood floor as if his smarts were something to be embarrassed about. His cheeks tinted a familiar pink, the color appearing prettier yet more obvious in contrast to his newly dyed curls.

The pink and blue had made the difference between his pink cheeks and pink hair obvious, so that Ashton's face would look more red, as if he was slightly sunburnt or extremely warm. Meanwhile, the chocolatey-brown blended somewhat against his tanned skin, making the pink blatantly obvious on his cheeks.

Rena pecked the carnation tinted skin quickly; Ashton, though shy and awkward, had the type of sweet personality that made quick friendships. He'd just never had the courage or social skills to talk to anyone, and no one had had the courage to break the closely knitted group of him and the other three boys.

"So, Case," Rena started mischievously, yet conversationally. "When do we get to meet this boy-toy of yours?"

"Caleb," Casey corrected softly. "And you don't get to meet him. Ashton, you're bloody adorable and I'd be out a cute guy, and I really don't need him meeting my mental Rena."

   "'My mental Rena,'" Rena scoffed. "I am perfectly sound in the head," she informed.

   "And 'm not adorable," Ashton added, absentmindedly running his long fingers through his fluffy curls. Casey chuckled, tugging the taller lad into a hug, both leant over Rena.

   "Then you're hot. Hot as fuck, my sunshiney little man," Casey decided, before the short girl trapped between them was protesting. She lightly kneed the older boy in his muscled chest, following up with a poking attack on his ribs.

   "Stop pillowing me, you lion-head." The name had Ashton immediately flashing back to his three best mates.

   "What's his name?" Ash had asked, picking up a small stuffed lion on Michael's bed.

   "Doesn't have one," the sloppily dyed redhead had responded. He'd been more focused on the younger boy's perky ass than the nameless stuffed animal that'd sat on his bed for as long as he could remember.

   "Daniel," Ashton had decided. "Daniel the lion."

I swear they don't stay broken up don't leave me fam