Part 25 (c)

Ruthless Obsession
.....................................

" Mam...!! U have to get down here...
we are not supposed to  drive towards the highway.., as  it's nt possible to take an u-turn again..."
........said the cab driver..., who just halted the car at a the side of the road which proceeds towards the highway...

Though lathika was present in car..., her thoughts were all revolving around Nivaan and that visuals which were shown on news...

She kept on trying Nivaan's no.
from the moment she started from the bungalow and  even though  she held the call for the complete 15 rings every time...., there was no response from the other end...

......

"Mam....!!  Are you okay...??!!"
.....asked the cab driver as she didn't responded to him...

She then raised her head.., paid the fare and got down from the cab....

..........

She was the only person present in that deserted road..., and infront of her was the highway road and due to the fog over there..., she couldn't find anything clear there...

That's when  lathika saw a lady around 40's age coming from the highway road...

She quickly went towards her and stopped her in the mid way....
" Have you..., seen any car crashed on the highway road...it's a black one..."
......lathika asked her struggling to breathe in that environment...

The lady just stared at lathika for a second  and then said..,
" yess....!!  I have seen it... infact.., I'm coming from there itself...!!   The  spot is now prohibited   to enter as there were many people crowded over there...
People were saying that the person who was driving the car was badly injured and  had just taken to the hospital... "
.........said the lady and observed lathika's fading expressions...

She just stepped back hearing the lady's every word and images of Nivaan flashed in front of her....

The lady then understood that the person must be her relative  and cursed herself for saying all that..

" Pls come vth me... i will take you there...!! I dnt think u can go there alone in this situation...."
......the lady held lathika's hand and  tried to comfort her...

But it was all vain.... Lathika can only find comfort in Nivaan's presence....

.........

"Move back...!!
....Dnt  near the  boundary line...!!"
......the constable shouted on the crowd at the spot as they were trying to  capture images of the accident...

Lathika then reached the spot  along vth the lady and seeing such crowd over there her heart started racing much higher...

Seeing her nt reacting..., the lady herself took a step further and pushed the crowd aside....

" sir...., pls let this girl talk to the inspector...!!  She is the relative of the person who was taken to the hospital.... let her know the details abt him..."
........she asked the constable as the inspector was seen examining the car..., and then looked at lathika...

........

Eventhough the lady was constantly shaking her..., lathika didn't even blinked....

The view infront was her was such heart breaking that she felt some powerful force pushing her down in such way that she can't get back again.....

She felt empty all of a sudden.... As if some one had sucked out all the blood from her body...

.........