62. Unexpected tears

"How many nights will I stand it, to see him each day till the end of the pfomotion?" Jae was sitting in Taeil's bed eating chocolate while the older boy was looking through his wardrobe to find some clothes for the next day.

"He talked to me today through the phone. He wanted me to explain it to you," Taeil took another creepy sweater out of his wardrobe and laid it on his chair then he slipped under his sheet.

Jae got an extra sheet, his one blanket and pillow so now the small bed was even more crowded.

"So?" he asked.

"He thinks your parents might think it through and if they do it would be easier for them to take you back if they find out you're living with me not with him," said Taeil.

"Yhym," Jae wanted to say more but there was simply nothing on his mind.

"And if you would live there you might do it sooner or later, and with all the shock you received lately your first time could be another burden to take, trust me it's awful, a pretty scary and strange experience," said Taeil. "So Taeyong wants the situation to be as good for you as possible, that's all."

Jae nodded, but he still couldn't imagine how it was the best thing possible. If he could wake up in Taeyong's arms, kiss him and be with him each night, what was the bad thing about it? He knew Taeyong was just selfish and didn't want anyone to disturb his perfect clean and lonely world. It would be too much of an effort for him to get used to someone who would make his own mess in his flat. And if he needed his distance he would probably move out to a hotel for a few weeks leaving his beautiful apartment to Jae. Yes who would want to take this kind of sacrifice, definitely not Taeyong.

The next morning Jae decided to skip school again, he wasn't ready to face all the pity looks in the corridors, as he reckoned the whole school knew about his situation. Taeil was busy vacuuming the house, his parents had left early and his sister has hurried to the bus stop to get to school, so Jae helped him to clean the house.

He was thankful, that he can be busy with something and not think about his miserable life.

He was using a rag to clean the coffee table in the living room when the front door opened and Lauren burst into the house.

"Laufen!" Jae threw the rag on the floor when Lauren ran to him and hugged him.

"I'm so sorry I was such a bad friend to argue about something so stupid," she said rubbing his back.

Taeil coughed and the girl let go off Jae, she blushed hard when she looked towards the boy

"Hi," she said awkwardly. "Have you bought the dog yet?"

"What?" Taeil blinked and needed a moment to remember Jae's lie. "Oh... no I'm still saving money for it."

"Cool," Lauren rubbed her hands. "If you need some help I can go with you to the shelter and... if you like..."

Jae laughed. They were so weird around each other.

"That's nice but I guess I rather ask my girlfriend for help... I mean she's in China but she can fly over anytime, she's rich... I mean it's not the reason..." Taeil got extremely red and ran to the kitchen.

Lauren was standing there in this awkward silence until then she turned around and left the house.

Jae was so confused he needed a second to react and follow her. He met her in the garden where she stood crying and he was so shocked that he took her hand in a delicate way.

"Laufen, why af you cfying?" he asked.

"No it's just... he has a girlfriend," she took a sharp breath.

"Yes, he dates Minju, Sicheng's sistef, you femembef Sicheng, the boy..."

"I know, I remember the boy Yuta dreams about," Lauren's face became darker.

"But you nevef liked Taeil," said Jae. "I don't undefstand."

"I know, it's just he loved me and... it gave me the feeling of safety to know there is someone, who always loves me no matter what... and now" she sobbed harder. "Trust me I don't know why it hurts so bad, our feelings are so strange and weird," she cleaned her face with her sleeve.

"Oh," Jae didn't know what to say.

"Anyway tell him I'm happy for him, and call me, we will meet somewhere in the city," Lauren got one her toe tips and hugged Jae quickly then ran out of Taeil's garden and disappeared in the street.

So on Thursday Jae visited school again, it hurt him to see Taeyong who tried his best to be as nice as possible to him but Jae ignored it. He decided it will be best to just say 'Hi and bye' at school and answer questions about lessons, but that's it. Somehow he was so broken, for the first time Taeyong's touch didn't man so much and at the end of the day Jae decided to clear things up, but Taeyong disappeared when he told him they needed to talk. He guessed the boy was afraid Jae wants to break up, but Jae wasn't afraid anymore, he knew Taeyong never loved him, it was just a pose and some desire, a childish play that had nothing to do with real love, so he was ready to take the next step and settle with the people he could count on in every situation.

In these days Doyoung became as close to Jae as he was before Taeyong appeared in his life, also Ten and Sicheng were there for him and of course Taeil and Lauren. Jae only cared about this few, he was to heartbroken to absorb any more pain and get involved with people who have disappointed him.

After school he walked to the bank and checked his account. He was stunned to find out he had earned over 200,000 on one song, and with a new feeling of being his own man Jae took 10,000 out. From now on he smuggled 200 each week into the pot on the kitchen window where Taei's mum was keeping the emergency money.

The weekend came and Lauren asked if Jae wants to go to the Song Festival Taeil took part in. Jae said they will meet there, Taeil hasn't said a word about it to anyone including his family, but he became paler and more stressed and left the hose on Saturday morning in a hurry. Jae double checked the schedule of the festival. The weather was better and it was the first open air this year.

 The weather was better and it was the first open air this year

Hi, thank you so much, the story reached 50K reads. It's so amazing I can't put my gratitude into words. You are the best <3

Do you like the chapter? What do you you think about the explanation Tae gave Taeil? What about Lauren's visit? What do you think Jae had planned to do at the Song Contest?

Thank you again :)

Much <3