Chapter 7

K A T E

A week later, Rosie and I decided to take a walk around the castle grounds and get to know each other a little better. I had already learnt that she had a younger brother in first year called Thomas and that they weren't that close. It wasn't believable at first because Rosie was incredibly kind, but when she explained that her parents had died and Thomas became mute that it all made sense.

We were in a very heated discussion about who was more attractive, Edward Cullen or Jacob Black from the muggle movie Twilight.

"I'm telling you Rosie, Edward is the best boyfriend that anyone can have. He's pure gentleman because he was turned in 1918." I argued to her as we walked across the grass.

"Well yeah, but have you seen Jacob's abs. They're heavenly!" She replied, her eyes had a little twinkle in them.

"I can't disagree on that." I laughed as I gave up my argument.

"Badge?" A voice asked from beside us. We turned to look and our eyes lay upon a gathering of badges that transitioned between 'Cedric Diggory' and 'Potter stinks'. My name wasn't on there, which was good, but I was still frustrated that someone could do this. My thoughts went directly to Draco Malfoy.

"Why are you giving these out? It's extremely offending." Rosie exclaimed as she snatched the box out of the boys hands and threw it to the floor. The badges spilled all over the floor and some snapped. The boy looked at us with his mouth hanging on the floor.

"I-uh, I owed a favour to Malfoy."

"What's your name? And what house are you in?" I asked, taking in his features. He had a baby face that made him look younger than he was, even though we was most likely our age.

"Ash Gerrick and I'm in Hufflepuff 6th year." He said, straightening his back in attempt to stand taller. Even though he was already taller than both Rosie and I.

"Nice to meet you Ash. I'm Kate and this is my best friend Rosie." I stuck out my hand and he shook it with a blush on his face. He went to shake Rosie's, but she was too busy staring at him to notice. Ash cleared his throat awkwardly and dropped his hand and went back to looking at me.

"Well, we have to go now. See you around Ash." I announced as I grabbed Rosie's arm and pulled her along. We didn't get very far because Ash's voice spoke up.

"Can I come with you? I have basically no friends at the moment."

Rosie looked at me pleadingly, she ad a very obvious crush on this boy, but he didn't seem to notice. "If you get rid of that badge on your robe you can." I sighed in defeat. He smiled and ran up to us, walking beside me. Resulting in Rosie pulling a frown on her lips. We continued walking along the grass until a group of boys came up to us.

"Hey Ash, who's your friends." One said with a smirk.

"Isn't that the girl Cedric doesn't shut up about?" Another whispered to him.

"Hey guys, this is Kate and Rosie. They're from Slytherin." Ash introduced.

"It is her!"

"Hey Kate? Come with us will ya? Your friends can come too."

"Oh, um, okay." I stuttered as they pulled on my sleeve and led me over to a bench that was surrounded by a group of more Hufflepuffs. All of them had the badges on except the one who lay on the bench with his arms over his face.

"Hey Cedric, look who we found! It's your Slytherin friend!" The boy dragging me shouted and pushed me infront of them. The guy on the bench lifted his arms and I could now see that it was the boy who I had a crush on.