- Bonus -

Background Information
This is set when Mazie and Caleb are about 10. This is before their parents distanced themselves away from the twins. Please enjoy. And no, it's not my birthday yet. BUT IM NOT WAITING UNTIL TOMORROW ITS NOT PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE IM SO EXCITED.

CALEB'S P.o.V.
It rains an awful lot in this area. I think this has been the third rainy day of our 13 days here. Though, this must be the worst. It's actually thundering and lightning compared to the nonstop rain of before. Mom and Mazie had been gone all day and Dad can supply me with so much fun. I wanted to see my little sister. I slowly sneaked off the couch with my tv consumed dad. We were watching my dad's guilty pleasure of reality TV. He said that he liked it since the females end up (or at least try to) resolve any problems. I found that a lie as they created them in the first place. But I didn't really care. Their young sons were pretty cute though. Ah, but I'm not supposed to like boys. Then again, that's probably because I want to be like them. Yeah, it's not like I'd ever gather feelings for someone the same gender as I!

"Mazieeee~" I called out into the empty hallway. No sound. I'm guessing mom was sleeping since her door was closed. Mom and dad had separate rooms. I don't think it's because they don't love each other, it's rather so they can have it for themselves. I mean, they still sleep in the same bed at night. I kept softly whining Mazie's name, going close to each room entrance to hear. "Where are youuu?"

I could feel something against my legs. I looked down to see Rox brushing against me. I picked up our small little pug. Wah, she was so cute! I loved Rox. Her full name was Roxanne, occasionally Roxy, but Mazie and I stuck to Rox. We found her on the corner, abandoned in a little box. I'm guessing her family got taken away by others and she was left alone. Mazie thinks she was just abandoned on the streets by her "stupid no-good" owners.

"Hi, Rox. Do you want to help me find Mazie?" She panted in return and I set her down. "Lead the way!" I laughed. The small dog continued down the hallway, sniffing at the ground. I let my feet follow after happily. Maybe she could sniff out Mazie so we could play. A loud sound of thunder practically shook the house. Rox nosed at the closed door. It looked like our room. Duh! Why didn't I look here? I open the door and let Rox's nose do the work, but with the loud noises it wasn't hard to find.

"Mazie...?" I looked under the bed to see her. I couldn't really tell but her hair was a mess and she had a scared look on her face. "Come here." I whispered softly to calm her, holding my arms out for her. Another loud shock of thunder made her jump into my arms. I could feel a wet substance on my shoulder. Was she scared of thunder?

"Calebb~" She cried into my shoulder. Her grip around me was tight as if she had to hold on to me to live. She must be petrified if she acts this scared.

"Shh, Mazie it's okay. It's not gonna hurt you..." I tried to soothe her with calming words. That's what dad does.

"It's s-so scary though. What if the house collapses because it's so powerful!" She continues to sob. Ah, she came up with silly little fantasies in her brain. How could she think that could happen?

"It's not gonna collapse. Your brain will if you keep overthinking though." I teased. She pulled her face away from my shoulder and looked at me. Her eyes were red from crying but her face had a gradual smile. Finally. I hated to see her have such a sad look on her face.

"You're so mean, Caleb!" She playfully replied. I grinned in return.

"It's my greatest skill. Now let's go play and Rox can join us!" Mazie nodded excitedly as we both started to get up to chase around our small dog.

~

It seems like so long since my sister came to me when she was afraid. Honestly, the last time I had to seek her out and she would barely admit it. But now she had a nightmare and she's crying like a baby. I know I'm supposed to be supportive and what not but I didn't have someone to hold me. I'm not jealous, I just don't want to be the woken up. Can't dad actually wake up from passing out from his stupid whiskey?

"Shut up, Mazie." I growled. The crying continued from above and I forced myself out of bed to climb up the ladder. We had bunk beds. I sat in front of the trembling girl. "What happened?"

"M-Mom...s-s-she...hit me..." Mazie bent over, pressing against her stomach letting his hair fall onto her side. What? Mom hit her in her nightmare? "Y-Yesterday...she was mad..."

"Why would she do that? She would never use violence to get her way." I could barely speak out of shock.

"S-She hates me. She didn't want a girl, and dad never talks to me. Caleb, you want me...as a-a sister right?" Mazie turned her head towards me, her bottom lip trembling. How could she think otherwise? Was I too harsh? I have to be the older brother. I can't be uptight about my job.

"I wouldn't ask for any other sister. Mazie, even if mom and dad don't want you...I will never give you up. We will fight and disagree, maybe even ignore each other but we'll always be siblings. I love you, okay! Never forget, Mazie." I wrapped my arounds around her body and she returned the hug.

"I-I love you too....Caleb..." She whispered. She rest her head against my chest and I could feel her breathing slow. She fell asleep. I laid her back down on her pillow before climbing back down to my bed.

I guess being the big brother isn't all bad.