Rafael Barba

Could I get a jealous Barba where he sees his girlfriend with another man at dinner, who's  actually an old friend visiting. He gets the wrong idea, ignores her for a while, then confronts her about it only to be embarrassed he misunderstood.

..

It was only a joke.

It had to have been a joke.

You already heard the news that he had won the huge serial rape/murder case, and you were pulling a prank on him, having dinner with such an attractive man.

Unless you weren't. Unless you were cheating on him, and you hadn't heard the news, but you knew that this was his first win in almost 2 months.

And what was he to do about it? The man he had seen through the window was handsome, younger than him, more lean than he was. He must have been funny, the way you laughed and wiped your eyes. You deserved someone like that.

He made his way home that night, trying to ignore the gut wrenching feeling in his stomach.

...

"Danny, how do you even remember that?" You were crying as Danny told you about a story from your senior year in high school, when the two of you ended up getting shitfaced before homecoming that year, and managed to get yourselves kicked out and suspended.

"It's the funniest thing that's happened to me in years! I don't think I'll ever forget." He chuckled at the thought once again.

"Well, it's late. I should head home, Rafael said he'd be home early." He responded with a smile and a nod.

"You go on ahead, I'll pick up the check." He waved you away.

"Thanks, Danny. It was nice seeing you again." You walked over and hugged him, before making your way home.

When you made it home, it was a little later than 11. The house was dark, and when you made it to your room you found that Rafael was already asleep. Your heart hurt, knowing that this was probably going to be one of the only times he would be home early for a long time, and he went to sleep before you even had the chance to tell him hello. You figured maybe he was just exhausted.

...

He was gone when you woke up the next morning, which surprised you once again. He usually waited a little longer after making breakfast to see you in the morning, but there was hardly enough food for you to eat.

You didn't work anymore, tending to Rafael's health and helping him think through cases and such was your job. You were stuck spending the rest of the day cleaning, trying to fight the swelling feeling in your chest from Rafael ignoring you, that you simply simmered down to an overreaction.

You tried to call him around lunch time, but he simply shot you a text that he was busy, and you didn't hear from him for the rest of the day.

When he finally made it home, you had become so angry at him, or your own thoughts, rather, that you didn't even want to talk to him. You glanced up at him ever so slightly, with such an evil gaze, but he caught it. The silence came from his contemplation about addressing it, as he pulled out his jacket and vest, swinging them over the couch.

His mouth opened momentarily, and you pretended you couldn't see it, your eyes watching the tv, but not really seeing it. You were focused on Rafi, and the way he looked nervous, automatically taking it for the worst as you felt your face become flushed.

He wouldn't call it all off, would he? You had known each other for so long, you loved each other, could he really break up with you? Did you ever give him a reason to?