Dates

I was having a terrible week. It's been days since I've seen Eric, but I was planning to go after school.

I don't even know what to say. What am I supposed to say?

I was walking down the hallway which was crowded with a bunch of people.

It was currently lunch and I was completely out of it. I never wore sweats, but today I did. I felt unusually comfortable.

Ever since my "change" people were avoiding me and somewhat intimidated.

I strolled away to the courtyard and sat on an empty table. I placed my elbows on the table and rested my forehead on my palms, closing my eyes. I felt at peace, like a nap.

My silence was interrupted by a group of laughs. Familiar ones.

My head jolted up and I glanced at them, it was Abby and her clique. What threw me off was the boy who's arm was over her shoulder. Since when has she gotten a boyfriend?

I continued to stare until finally the side of his head was visible, I nearly shrieked.

It was Jesse.

Before I knew it, I was on my feet with my jaw on the floor.

I couldn't stop staring, I wanted to go over there and slap some sense into him.

But I should've looked away, because at that moment, he locked lips with her. This time, I did shriek.

After my melt, I paced away before they could see me.

The bell rang as I was walking away and I dreaded going back. Fortunately, it was last period.

**

I rushed out of last period as soon as the bell rang.

On my way to the exit of the school, in my luck I ran into Jesse. Thank goodness he was alone.

Jesse peeled off the wall as soon as he saw me, "There you are. I was looking for you."

"For?" I inquired a little irritated.

He shrugged and smiled, "I wanted you to hear this from me and not a rumor..." he began to trail off and his smile turned stiff.

I raised an eyebrow in suspicion and contemplated.

"Don't think this is weird or anything but I started talking to Abby," as he spoke I noticed him run his hand through his hair, sheepishly, which was a sign he was falling in love, "She's changed a lot, and I just wanted to confirm the whispers; we're dating."

I think I threw up in my mouth.

"Oh.." I didn't know what to say, but to flash a fake smile to him, "That's great. I wish you two the best." I tried to walk away but he caught me by the arm.

"Wait, you're not mad or anything, right?" His brows furrowed.

I spoke through my clenched teeth. "Nope."

He let go and smiled, "Cool, we should hang out sometime. If you want tell your boyfriend to come too?"

Haha. No.

"Umm.. He's always busy.." he cut me off before I could even continue.

He snickered and blurted out, "With what? Just ask."

"He won't want to come." I assured him.

"Oh I doubt that. If he "loved" you, he'd come." He emphasized the word love.

"He does." I barked.

"Then have him show up. It's the least he could do." He spat.

I scoffed at his statement. Who did he think he was?

I swallowed hard and then spoke, "He has better things to do."

He chuckled in disbelief, "Oh yeah? Like what?"

I groaned at his childish behavior and walked away furiously.

He stepped in front of me again, stopping me from walking.

"One date, that's it." he pleaded.

I shook my head, standing my ground, "No, Jesse! Abby and I aren't on the best terms right now. So please, just respect my wishes— I don't want to go."

He pursed his lips, not changing the slightest bit of his determined attitude. "Oh, come on! I know why you may not be happy with her, but we all make mistakes. So, be mature about it and move on. Put it past us, and let's all make up."

"Jesse, you're the only one being immature about this!" I stepped away, "Why am I even still talking to you?"

"Stop!" Jesse matched his strides beside mine, "I'm not taking no for an answer, I'll ask you every day for the rest of the school year until you agree."

"Leave me alone!" I snarled at him.

"Danica, stop fighting it! Just one date it's not a big deal! Have you even had a first date with you grandpa boyfriend?" He bickered.

It was tragic that me and Eric haven't had a date yet, but I certainly didn't want to tell Jesse that.

The anger surged through me like electricity, and before thinking twice, I took it out on him.

"Will you leave me the hell alone if I say yes?!" I yelled at him so loud, I heard my raging voice storm down the hall.

He smirked, nodding like a child. "Mhm, I won't bother you anymore."

"Fine," I glanced around in thought until I finally met his eyes, "Where will we meet you?" I mumbled under my breath.

A smile rained over his face, "I'll text you the address later tonight."

"When is it?"

"Saturday?" he offered.

I shrugged, "Never sounds better." I began to storm off before he called over my shoulder, from afar.

"See you Saturday!" He shouted.

He seemed a little too excited for this, as for I was anxious.

I was going to be on a double date with my current boyfriend/unstable murderer, along with my ex boyfriend and his new girlfriend. Which not to mention we both loathe each other.

How fun.