Chapter 1

I walked into a cabin with a boy named Griff.

I put on a smile as I walked in.

"Hey, new cell mates!" I shouted as we walked in.

Griff and I turned around to face our officer escort.

"I got this. You missed this key when you frisked us, Rookie." Griff said, unlocking our handcuffs and throwing them to the officer.

We stepped farther into the cabin when I remembered something.

I pulled the officer's wallet out of my pocket and turned back around.

"By the way, you may want to get that driver's liscence picture retaken. Yikes!" I hiss, turning back around.

A teenager walks over to us.

"I'm guessing you're Griff and you're Harper?" He asks us.

I nod, along with Griff, and hang my hands above my head.

"Yup and we're ready for our pat-downs. But watch it. We're ticklish." Griff explained.

Aww, he's so cute!

"We don't do pat-downs at summer camp." Another boy explained.

"But Gladys did once. Now the pizza guy won't deliver here anymore." Another boy told us.

"We had Pizza in Juvie. And when it got stale, we used it as a shafe." I explained.

"Way to see the glass half-full." The teenager said nervously, clapping his hands together.

---------

I woke up along with everyone else and dragged myself out of bed.

I made my bunk and put on some suitable clothes for kickball.

I slipped into an oversized Grizzly t-shirt, black sweatpants, and blue sneakers.

I pulled my hair into a high ponytail and ran outside with everyone else, playing around and goofing off.

Soon enough, I was up to kick. I kicked the ball over Weasel cabin, while other people chased after it.

I turned around with a huge smile on my face.

"Yes! Wow, Harp, another home run!" Xander said, high fiving me. Griff high fived me as well.

"Yeah, it's lot easier when your ankles aren't shackled together." I explain and run off, Griff chasing me.

I smile and giggle as we race, coming back as a tie.

Griff and I ran up behind Xander.

"Boom! Another home run, and we just scored three new watches, each!" Grifc says gladly.

Xander smiles proudly and then looks at the kids looking for their watches.

He leans closer to us.

"When I said you could steal, I meant bases, not watches." Xander explains.

I mouth the word 'o' and lookback at the other kids.

"You gotta give them back. And hurry up, cause Griff's kicking for Jofge and Harper's kicking for Ravi. They're injured." Xander explains.

Jorge pulls a face.

"No, I'm not!" He says.

Xander turns around.

"Yes, you are." Xander says through gritted teeth.

Jorge mouths 'o', just like I did.

I turn around to return the watches, and everyone runs away.

"Hey, come back!" I call after them.

I look at Griff.

"This place is fun! Here, we're the ones chasing other people!" I say excitedly and we chase after everyone.

Glad to know that I'm welcomed here!