3.missions

Let's just say I didn't get that far before Tony caught me

Let's just say I didn't get that far before Tony caught me. I had barely made it to the door before Tony swoops in and wraps the iron suites strong arms around my body, trapping my arms at my side.
"Am I fired?" I ask as he throws me over his shoulder.
"What do you think?" He says carrying me out of my front door. My short brown hair falling over my face and swaying gentle as he carried me down my garden.
"I'll be in on Monday to pack my things up" I sigh.
After an uncomfortable silence, I finally break it when a huge wave of anxiety washes over me.
"Oh fuck what am I going to do? Im wanted by some guy with a metal arm, I have no job, the world knows who I am, who wants to hire a mutant freak, my parents are dead, I have no where to go and on top of it all great British bake off is getting moved channels." I groan, Tony clearly didn't have a clue what the hell I was cracking on about and he sure as heck didn't care.
"We can sort your little midlife crisis out once we are safe now shut up"

I lean on the balcony railing of the avengers head quarters which is now my permanent home until further notice. I've been sat out here for a few hours now and none of the avengers have disturbed me, they probably know I need some peace. I was just looking out over the city, crying quietly and just rethinking my entire life. Everything has changed and nothing will be same. I can't go home, I have no family and everybody knows my secret identity.
"Hi" a male voice chimes from behind me. I tilt my head slightly to greet the person who had joined me. Steve.
"Hi" I hum shyly quickly wiping away tears and putting on a straight face.
"Are you okay?" He asks me, I look at him and raise my eyebrows at him.
"That was a stupid question"
"I just..." I trail off fighting tears.
"Hey it's okay to feel upset, I know the past few days it's been drilled into your head to not let your emotions get the better of you but this time I--" I cut him off by wrapping my arms around him and pulling him onto a hug. That's all I needed right now.
"Shhhh" he coos, a little bit taken back by the sudden human contact but he still hugged me back. Steve is probably still not used to attention from the opposite sex.
"You remind me of someone I used to know..." he trails off as I let him go slightly embarrassed by my sudden actions.
"Who?" I ask, tucking a strand of brown hair behind my hear.
"That's not important" Steve brushes the topic off. After a peaceful silence I finally speak up.
"I just don't know how I ended up here... I'm being hunted down by a psycho with a metal arm and I literally have no one" I says holding back tears.
"What do you mean you're being hunted?" 
"Tony didn't tell you? When I went back to my house, it was trashed. My neighbour said he saw a man with long hair and a metal arm go in there, I went into my house and he jumped out at me but he didn't attack me he just said he was the one who killed my parents." I sigh.
"Bucky..." he hisses under his breath.
"What?" I press even though I heard what he said. He shakes his head and pauses as if he's thinking. We sit in silence for a few minutes just watching the tiny cars speeding down beneath us.

"You are going to love your first mission" Steve says abruptly, patting my shoulder and wondering back inside.
"You coming?" He calls out and I quickly follow him, confused by his sudden out burst.
"Okay so my parents just died and I'm currently in a unhealthy state of mind and the first thing you think is 'Hey Now would be a good time to send her on a mission'?"
"Yes the anger and grief will drive you" he says simply guiding me to the meeting room.
As I Enter the room all eyes land on me.
"You ready to go?" Tony says as I enter the room.
"GO where? No ones told me anything you guys really not stop misinforming me on missions" I ask completely confused by the whole situation.
"On your first mission alone." he says simply.
"Which is...?" I urge him to continue.
"Locate the winter soldier and bring him back to here safe and unharmed" Steve says sternly.
"Who?" I asks till clueless at what I'm getting myself into.
"The Winter Soldier, the one who killed your parents" Bruce pipes up.
"You want me to bring Him back unharmed? Sorry no can do"
"Alex those are orders you can't refuse if you do anything to him we will not hesitate to put you in prison" Tony threatens.
"Okay boss, so where is he?" I asks ignoring his empty threats.
"We know exactly where he is but we can't get him, he moves to quickly but that's when you come in, the moment he knows your in town he will come running to you, it's your job to bring him back here and not die." Sam chimes.
"That sounds easy, not get killed by a guy who is a trained assassin who is driven to kill me" I say sarcastically.
"God you weren't this sarcastic when you worked for me" Tony groans.
I get handed a file filled with the information on the Winter Soldier, I read through it while Tony and Sam go on about how important this is.
"Am I even ready to do this on my own? Bucky seems dangerous and I can just barely control myself...what if he kills me too?" I say the last part silently as my eyes scan the pages of the winter soldier.
Turns out 'the Winter Soldier' is called James Buchanan Barnes or Bucky for short. He was Steve best friend during world war 2 but died in 1945 on a mission with Captain America but clearly that's bull shit.
"You are ready and no one can kill you as long as you are in foxy mode" Tony shoots me a small smile.
"So when do we leave?" I smile closing the folder and placing it on the table.
"Now"