Chapter 28- I Am Never Wrong

I am currently at the mall with Arlene, we decided to ditch school after lunch, to get Luke's gift and the decorations for his surprise birthday party tomorrow at Justin's house.

Arlene says, let's buy some clothes for him", I shake my head. I don't know what Luke likes so I text Justin.

Me: What does Luke like?

Jerk: Food, sports, girls, naked girls in magazines

Me: Not you dumbass

Jerk: Don't know, but I heard him talking about wanting to go to a water park because his parents died before he was about to

Me: Thanks

I know just what to give him, a hoverboard and tickets to the water park.

I say, "I know what to get him, let's go", grabbing Arlene and dragging her with me.

We enter a store and I see a gold hoverboard, Arlene is texting on her phone. I pick up the hoverboard and carry it to the counter and take out my credit card, my dad put more money on it when the school opened back.

I ask, "do you sell gift wrapper?", the guy nods.

He takes it out and wraps the hoverboard then puts a bow. I thank him then leave the store, next stop decorations.

Arlene says, "you and I are to distract Luke the whole evening tomorrow", just great.

We walk into the store and look for party balloons and hats and horns.

Arlene says, "he likes blue and green, Kyle just told me."

I nod.

Thirty minutes later

We just get out of the store with the decorations, then head to my car to drop it off. I look at the list, gift check, decoration check, a master plan to distract Luke tomorrow unchecked.

I say, "We still have to make a plan to distract him."

Arlene suggests, "just tie him up and put him in your closet until five tomorrow evening."

I shake my head.

I suggest, "we can play in the game room at my house and watch TV."

She nods, "yeah because I might have to help the boys set up everything, so I can't help you".

I say, "ditching me at the last minute", she nods, oh I'll get my revenge.

We walk into the food court and some corn dogs and sit down to eat.

I see Trina and her friends with Stephanie and her minions, I didn't saw her till yesterday morning.

Arlene says, "wow she's still here, I thought she would have transferred to slut school by now."

I laugh loudly and cover my mouth, I pick a newspaper and block my face, Arlene did the same.

I peek through from the top and see that they are ordering something.

Stephanie is watching her phone and frowning, Trina whispers something in her ears.

A guy behind her is checking her out, she twirls her hair and giggles at something he said, then she says something to her friends and leaves with the guy to the bathroom, what a slut.

Arlene says," what a slut, you were right about her being an automatic leg opener."

I reply, "A am never wrong."

A guy sits next to me, he says, "did it hurt?"

I frown, "did what hurt?"

He smiles, "when you fall from heaven", I roll my eyes at his pick-up line.

He continues, "I lost my number, can I have yours?"

Seriously who would fall for that?

When I give him the silent treatment, he moves and went to search for his next victim, who happens to be one of Stephanie's minions, not Nikki, the other one.

She begins to blush when he uses his pick-up line, then gives him her phone number, seriously she fell for that? I shouldn't be surprised, she's dumber than she looks.

Arlene says, "only the dumb ones fall for it", I nod.

Justin text me.

Jerk: Hi we are hanging out at your place tonight

Me: No problem, we are watching a movie, right?

Jerk: Yeah and Brandon is coming as well

Me: Yay

Trina and her friends just leave, I check the time 2:55 pm.

I question, "what you are getting Luke?"

Arlene smirks.

She says, "you'll see."

We leave the mall thirty minutes later because someone wanted to shop for clothes for the party.

I drive to Justin's house to drop off the decorations.

He says, "I'll put it in the basement until tomorrow."

I nod.

I drove home with Arlene, maybe for Christmas I will give Luke this car and ask dad for a blue SUV. Trina isn't home so I have the whole house for myself, in two weeks my dad is coming.

Arlene smirks, "let's prank Jordan", I nod.

I walk into the living room and take out my phone, then I put on the app so my voice would sound like a man then dials Jordan's number, he answers.

"Hello."

"This is the bank, you just won one million dollars."

"I'm rich, I'm rich, Jacob, I'm rich!"

Arlene and I laugh.

"You have to be by the bank by 8:00 am and ask for Mr. Joseph."

"Thanks a lot, I really need money right now."

Then someone shouts in the background, "no you don't! You just got money on your card from da!"

That is Jacob.

Jordan says, "don't study my annoying brother, I'll be by the bank at 8", he hangs up.

I laugh so hard that I fall off the chair, I suggest, "let's follow him tomorrow and see what happens, I think I can get a newspaper with a small cam on it."

Arlene offers, "I'll videotape, remember you have to distract Luke."

I nod.

*********