Transformation ready

"Does this have any sentimental value?"Josh walks up to Riley with a ring.

"That's Maya's friendship ring. I feel really bad."Riley frowns.

"It's not your fault kiddo."Josh pats her back.

"But it is. I shouldn't have snapped on her. She probably hates me."Riley groans.

"I doubt it. I just think that she needs time. As you can see, something changed her. Do you remember how that even started?"

"Well, it started off with her pretending to be me for a day. Maybe she felt happy being me." She shrugs.

"Anything else?"

"I just remember when we went to Texas. She cared for someone other than me. That was Lucas."

"I have a theory. I think Maya is trying to protect you." Josh points out.

"From what?" Riley looks at him confused.

"From Lucas. She probably wants to see how he's like so that she knows that he's good for you."

"You know what? That makes sense. Thank you uncle Josh."She smiles and walks away.

"Dad can we take a trip to the ski lodge?" Riley goes to Corey.

"No."

"We, I mean I have a crisis. I know that you and mom almost ended there but I do know that you also made up . Something happened to Maya, shes changed and i think that if we go she'll be herself again." Riley suggests.

Corey sighs. "Fine, it'll be a class trip. Also warn your friends, I don't want any funny business happening there."

"Yes sir."Riley cheers.
-----------
Maya lays in bed wondering if she had kissed Josh if anything would of changed.

Would he had kissed her or was it just to see if she'd give in?

She groans and turns on her side. She hears her phone buzz. She grabs it and sees a text from Riley.

-Pack up, ski lodge in the morning.

Maya rolls her eyes and gets out of bed.

She begins to pack. "What will tomorrow bring?" She sighs.

She jumps at the sound of knocking at her window.

She turns around and sees Josh. She glares at him and opens it.

"What are you doing here?" She snaps.

"Look, I need you to know that I care for you and I'll always be here if you need me."

"So why didn't you just text me this?" She raises a brow.

"Because then you'll ignore it." He chuckles.

"Is that all?" She tries not to smile.

"Nope, Riley is hurt that you took off the friendship ring."

"So? It's just a stupid ring." She shrugs.

"It means so much more than that Maya and you know that. I expect you both to make up tomorrow otherwise I will cancel the plans that I made for us."

"For us?"

"Yes."He chuckles. "You may think that you like Lucas but you don't. I'll prove it tomorrow." He kisses her cheek.

Maya blushes and looks down. "What is going on with you Josh?"

"I'm just making things right." He climbs out of the window. "Bye Maya."

"Bye Josh." Maya turns around and smiles to herself.