💚 Positive Motivation - ☯︎ Yang 🌞

Guiltless, you walk outside into a lovely day. Your story is in your head. Your characters are alive and you want to share them with everyone. You want to make them alive for everyone.

Do you feel like writing right now?

If you do, do.

Sometimes it can feel like you don't have the time to write. You do, though, if you make the time. Although it's not ideal, write in the smallest moments if you must. I used to write waiting for the bus, just right there with my phone on the sidewalk. And I don't even write on my phone! I use paper or my computer.

If you really want to write, you won't be happy until you do so. So think, 'is there something else that I'm doing that doesn't make me as happy, that I could forego?' 'That' might be an extra hour of Netflix or Twitch. 'That' might even be an extra fifteen minutes of studying. I work part-time to pursue a career as an author; I do it because I can still make ends meet, and because I know it's what I really want.

Don't sacrifice what you can't afford to let go, of course. As implied, you have to make ends meet. While it's true you can't buy complete happiness, in this society you can buy (or obtain) the soil for your happiness to flourish. You need security in terms of your finances and your family. So, do what you have to, but just remember: if writing truly does make you happy, as it does for me, you have to write as well.

If you're serious about writing, be sure writing really does make you happy. If you think writing will make you happy by getting you a lot of fame and fortune, it won't. Writing only makes you happy if you love words, if you have words you want to share with people, and if you share those words. For someone whom writing is a real source of happiness: Even if, at the end of this life, you've touched only a few people with your writing, you'll be happy because you did so.

 For someone whom writing is a real source of happiness: Even if, at the end of this life, you've touched only a few people with your writing, you'll be happy because you did so