IV

Gideon | Carys

Gideon | Carys

How did it go?

... Now I fucked up.

What? Did she... *gasp* like you back?!

Cut the sarcasm. You know that suggestion you had about using my face as a punching bag?

I think I know where this is going...

Well, lets just say, my face ain't so pretty anymore.

What did you do to piss her off? Say the word "ain't"?

I didn't realise she actually liked tennis...

What did you do? Laugh at her face when the person she was cheering for lost?

...

Oh my god, you're such an idiot. Normally when a girl cheers for someone, they like them. Shouldn't you know that from your baseball matches?

Well, most of the girls who cheer for me just want to get laid so...

You need serious help in the love department. Don't worry. Now that you have contacted me, I will be your personal love coach.

I think that's what worries me more.

Why? Because you think my advice would work too well?

No. Because I will be plagued with sarcastic comments laced with some things that might be helpful for me.

Great. So you know my terms and conditions.

Apparently. So, Cupid. Tell me what you need to teach me.

Small steps, human. First we need to deal with your habit of sleeping around. In order to get rid of the girls who know they will get laid if you even spare them a single glance, you need to stop doing whatever you do in the bedroom. Some girls get put off.

Oh.

Being a player doesn't mean that everyone automatically likes you.

Oh, I know. It's just more fun, I guess. Living in the moment.

You can live in the moment by just dancing at parties or something. I don't know how to live as recklessly as you but I know what most girls like in a guy and their boyfriend sneaking around in the shadows is not one of them.

Ok. I guess I'l stop... but just know that my friends will think it strange because it's just not me, you know?

You don't know who you are until you've done everything. Think of it as a new experience. Understanding yourself doesn't just come in one day.

Well that was a lot deeper than what I thought your advice would be. Now I'm actually missing your sarcastic comments.

Oh my god. Just tell me you will at least try to change. If you really like Jenna, show her there's another side to you than just the stupid asshole who laughed in her face when her idol lost by two points.

There she is. I'll try but it's not for Jenna anymore.

You have commitment issues. Who is it for now?

Lydia.

Of course. Why did I expect anything different?

Well, you're the one who told me that I couldn't change in a day.

No. I said that you can't understand yourself in a day but close enough. I think you're one of the fastest people to grip my advice.

Thank you. I've been told I grip advice quickly.

Don't get too ahead of yourself. You still can't find yourself a girl because of your incompetence in wooing her properly.

I didn't think I would need to "woo" a girl anyway with these devilishly handsome looks.

And that's also why you can't find one.

Because I'm too hot for them?

No. Because you're a self-conceited asshole who crushes people's idols like a grape.

Are you still on that?

Well yeah. I mean, even though she scares me a little, it doesn't mean that she deserves to be laughed at simply because her date was an idiot.

Wait. You knew about this. You were at the match. Did you see me?

Maybe.

Did you think I looked hot? Like all the girls around me?

No. But I saw what happened after Jenna saw you flirting with one of them.

Shut up, and just incase you were wondering, my nose was fine. Thanks for your concern, Cupid.

Anytime.

• • • •

Dedicated to Julia for being such an amazing and kind person and for making the beautiful gif graphics that will eventually appear in most (if not all) of my chapters. I really love you heaps even though we don't talk heaps...

chapter header by rebellionofhope