Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Sam

"Bye, Sam. I'll be back in a week to start planning out some things with Xander, okay?" Cameron said with a grin as he gave me a small hug, causing Xander to let out an irritated growl. I ignored him and hugged Cameron.

"Okay. Have a safe trip," I told Cameron.

"I will," he said before hopping into the Jeep with his men, and driving away.

It was around six in the evening when Cameron decided to return to his pack. Xander and I, well it was mostly I, bid Cameron and his men goodbye. We were standing in front of our house. I got out of Xander's possessive hold on my waist and went inside the house.

I can still hear Xander grumbling about Cameron "being way too friendly" for his liking. I shook my head let out a chuckle. I went upstairs to our bedroom with Xander following behind. I went inside the bathroom and took a shower. After fifteen minutes of showering, I grabbed my towel and wrapped it around my body, making sure that it covers the big ugly scar on my back before peeking inside the bedroom to check if Xander was inside.

The bedroom was empty, so I walked in the walk-in-closet and got out a shirt that stops just above my knees and sweatpants. I heard Xander enter our bedroom. I went out of the closet and walked over to the bed, sliding under the covers, and feeling the soft mattress under my back, relaxing my muscles.

Xander took off his shirt, making my face heat up, and went inside the bathroom. I closed my eyes and relaxed for a few minutes. After a few minutes, I heard the bathroom door opening to reveal Xander wearing a pair of boxers hanging a little too low. I can feel my face heat up at the sight. My wolf was growling and purring at the sight of our mate.

I heard Xander chuckle.

"You can look all you want. This body is all yours." I heard Xander say in a cocky tone. I hid my head under the covers and wished for the bed to swallow me whole.

I felt the bid dip before Xander's arms wrapped around my waist. I got out from under the covers and turned to my side, facing him. He has a smile on his face, and was looking at me with affection I smiled back at him shyly and hid my face on his chest.

I felt Xander's hand gently grab the side of my face, making me look at him. He leaned down and captured my lips in a sweet kiss. I kissed him back, just following his lead since I didn't really know what to do. I grabbed onto his hair and tugged gently, releasing a soft groan from Xander.

He bit my bottom lip softly, asking for entrance. I kept my mouth closed, refusing to let him in. He poked my side gently, making me gasp since I'm a little ticklish. He took advantage of my surprise and put his tongue in my mouth. I felt him rubbing my sides, making me release a soft moan.

He put his hand under my shirt and slowly made his way up to my stomach and my back, making my heart drop. His fingers made contact with the scar, making him pull away from the kiss. I tried to pull his hand from under my shirt, but he wouldn't budge. He lifted the hem of my shirt and turned me over, making me lay on my stomach. I felt him touching the big scar on my back that was inflicted by my brothers.

I heard him growl loudly.

"What. Happened. To. Your. Back?" I heard him growl out. I turned over and laid on my back, pulling my shirt down to cover my scars. I sat up and looked at my hands, fiddling with my thumbs, too afraid to answer him.

"Answer me!" I heard him yell. I kept my gaze on my hands, refusing to answer him.

"This is the last time that I'm asking you, Samantha. What happened to your f*cking back?" Xander growled out. I finally looked at him and saw anger, betrayal, and worry in his eyes. I whimpered and looked away.

"I-it's no-nothing. D-don't worry about i-it," I stuttered, feeling my hands shake in fear.

"Why won't you tell me? Don't you trust me?" I heard the hurt in his voice, making my wolf whimper. I didn't answer him and just stayed quiet.

I can see Xander shaking in rage at the corner of my eye. I cowered away, afraid of what his wolf can do if he lost control. He got up from the bed and went outside of the bedroom, slamming the door behind him making me flinch.

I feel guilty. It's not that I don't trust him, it's just that I'm afraid of what he'll do if he found out that my brothers gave me that scar. I didn't follow after him, wanting to give him some space, and for him to calm down. I laid my head on the pillows, feeling worried and afraid. I slept uncomfortably that night, my heart clenched with guilt, sadness, and worry for my mate.

*-*-*-*-*

I woke up alone on the bed. I looked at the time and noticed how late it was. I got out of bed and went to the bathroom, doing my routine. I looked at the mirror and saw a girl with pain, exhaustion, worry, sadness, and other emotions in her eyes. The eyes that were so full of life ten years ago was now gone, and replaced with eyes full of pain and worry. Worried of what tomorrow will bring her, worried about what life will throw in her face, and worried about what's about to come in the future.

I splashed some water in my face in an attempt to erase the exhaustion that was showing on my face. I grabbed a towel and wiped off the water before heading out of the bedroom. I went downstairs and went to the kitchen. The house was empty and I'm alone.

I was about to make some cereal for myself when I heard the doorbell ring. Confused, I put the box of Fruit Loops on the counter and went to the front door. I opened it to reveal Liam and the girl that was with the group of rogues. He had his arm around the girl's waist.

"Hey, Sam. Meet Adriana, my mate," Liam said with a grin.

I looked at Adriana. Adriana was a girl with long brunette hair, smiling golden eyes with a hint of green in them, and a big smile on her face. She was a couple of inches taller than me, so I had to tilt my head slightly to look at her. She looks really happy. A happy and excited aura was surrounding her, making her seem friendly.

"Hi! I'm Adriana, you must be Sam. It's nice to meet you. Liam and Blake talked a lot about you." Adriana said. I looked at Liam to see him looking anywhere but us, his arms behind his head, and whistling a random tune. I chuckled and turned my attention back on Adriana.

"Yes, I'm Sam. It's nice to meet you," I told her softly.

"Well, it's nice to see you ladies getting along. Sam, Adriana will be staying with you and Scott from now on. He was supposed to be here, but he had to do something. Guards are surrounding the area of the house, so don't go anywhere." Liam said, giving Adriana a pointed look who was smiling innocently.

"Of course not. Don't worry, everything will be fine. I and Sam needs to get to know each other, so get out." Adriana said playfully, slamming the door in Liam's face. I laughed at the sight. They looked so happy together.

"Well then, now that the bugger is out, let's do something fun, shall we?" Adriana said with a smile. I smiled back and lead her to the living room.

I feel excited that I now have a friend who I can talk to. Scott is a good friend of mine, but it's really nice knowing that I now have a girl friend to talk to.

______________________________________________________________________