Can You Get S.T.D's From The Ghost Of A Prostitute?

"Well, well, well. It looks like we have a cop-killer on our hands, doesn't it?"

A bulky, blonde man with a scar on his eye in the shape of lightning stood up from a bar stool and started to walk towards Lucy.

"That's right boss," another guy with a weird looking mask/helmet type thing stood up and stayed right behind the blonde man. Two other people -one man and one woman- also made their way next to the man.

"Didn't Natsu say that he didn't care what we did with her?" The woman asked, a smirk on her face.

"We just have to keep her alive," the man with the green hair spoke.

"So, you people are gonna 'rip me a new one?'" Lucy said with finger quotation marks.

"That's exactly what we're gonna do, blondie," the woman called.

Lucy started laughing. "Okay, so let me get this straight: you turds think that you can beat me, an S-Class criminal, into a bloody pulp?" She said between laughs. She actually looked as if she was amused by this.

Gray, ever the peace maker, stood up. "Laxus, man, she wasn't and still isn't in the right state of mind. You know what happened. She's crazy. She didn't know what she was doing."

"That doesn't change the fact that she killed some of our kind!"

Lucy was still chuckling at Laxus' rage. "Look, buddy, you can try anything but you aren't gonna get a single blow at me."

Laxus' charged straight at her. His fist was aimed for her face but right as it was about to make contact, Lucy's smaller hand managed to stop his larger one. By now, her laughs had subsided and her face was downright chilling. Her normally bright and manic features had hardened and her smile was replaced with a scowl.

Lucy griped his fist in her hand and twisted his arm the wrong way. She folded it behind his back, rendering him immobile. She was behind him now, and with a powerful kick to his back, Laxus' fell to the floor.

And the room, once again, the room became deadly silent.

"You're welcome to try again but I doubt the outcome will be any different."

Laxus stood once more and charged right at her, his fist raised. Lucy, however didn't put much effort into her attack. She simply lifted her leg when he was within range and before he had a chance to stop himself, he ran straight into her heeled foot, bed boot colliding with his crotch making him fall to the floor, kneeling and groaning in pain.

"I can't believe you fell for that!" Lucy bursted out laughing. She clutched her stomach as her face turned red. After wiping away a few tears, she noticed that Laxus' goons had made their way to her.

One by one, the attacked her and one by one, each of them fell in defeat. Lucy came out victorious without even breaking a sweat.

"Okay," Lucy clasped her hands together. "I just want it to be clear; I did not initiate this. They came at me. It's called self defense. Thank you."

She made her way to a bar stool on the very edge and sat down, not really knowing what to do. She had shown these people just a little of what she could do and she'd be d@mned if they tried to start something with her again.

After the initial shock of everything had died down, everyone went back to doing what they normally did. Talking about mission and stuff and whatnot.

Although she's never admit it, Lucy felt a little out of place. All these people were black-tie-secret-service-type of people. She was just a criminal that knew how to do stuff. She didn't belong here.

Unbeknownst to Lucy, Natsu had been watching, silently cataloging the type of person Lucy was and the skill set that she actually wanted to show.

"Gray! Get over here!" Natsu called Gray over. Gray looked towards Natsu to see what he had wanted. Natsu only gave him a look and Gray got the message. He ended his conversation with a red head and made his way to Natsu.

"What's up?" Gray asked once he reached Natsu.

"When I was interviewing Lucy, she said something that caught me off guard. She said that if I was trying to scare her, that it wouldn't work. That she'd seen scary and that I didn't have his smile. Do you know what that's about?"

Gray grimaced a little. "Yeah, have you seen the picture of the person that tortured her? Wait here. "

Gray made his way to the steel door that Natsu had gone through and came back a couple of seconds later, manilla folder in his hand. When he reached Natsu, he wordlessly opened the file and took out a picture and showed it to Natsu.

The picture was of Jack Hotchner. He was really a truly disgusting man. His mug shot was one of him smiling, showing his disgusting, yellow and black teeth that were rotting away. His smile reached all the way to his eyes. His red, blotchy eyes that had marks around them. They were both glass eyes, so they didn't really have a color. It only made his whole look more disturbing.

"Yeah, I get it now," Natsu said with distaste, motioning for Gray to put the picture away. He turned to look at Lucy. "I wonder what they did to her. You know, what they did to make her turn out the way she did."

Gray only nodded in agreement. "She must've been terrified. Seeing that smile every single day for a whole year. It's a miracle she didn't turn out worse."

"Hn."

They noticed Lucy had stood up and started to make her way towards them. When she was infront of Natsu, she began to speak.

"Where am I gonna be staying. I'm tired and I wanna take a nap."

Natsu stared at her a little before leading her to the staircase which led them to a corridor. At the end of the hallway was a locked metal door. Natsu took out the key from his suit jacket pocket and unlocked the door.

Once inside, he turned on a light switch which illuminated the whole room.

It was a pretty basic room. A bed in the corner, a dresser and vanity in another and a door that led to a bathroom. The room itself was small and a bit dingy.

"This is where you'll be sleeping until your assignment is over," he said as he patted the comforter on the bed.

"Dust just flew out of that comforter in the shape of a skull," Lucy said in a flat tone. She suddenly gasped. "How old is that mattress? Can you get S.T.D's from the ghost of a prostitute?"

Natsu ignored her and started to walk out of the room. He could hear her mutter to herself "At least I finally get to sleep on a bed instead of a floor or just sheets."

Natsu's steps didn't falter, but he couldn't help but feel sorry for her.

"What type of things did they do to her?"