Chapter 2 ✨

(Partially revised, still up for more changes) 12/3/2020

Haru's POV

One of the worst parts of my day-

No, the worst part of my day would always have to be waking up in the mornings.

As a very firm believer in the healing properties of sleep, I don't get why school takes place at such a gross hour in the morning! Waking up today was no different, I practically had to pry my eyes open and coax myself into getting out of my warm sheets to start the day!

Sighing to myself as I resemble a literal zombie around my own house, I'm quick to whip up something for breakfast and get ready for the day.

Noting that I made a few extra pancakes than I normally do once I really wake up and look at the breakfast I've crafted up, I decided that sharing with Naruto is the way to go!

He's my neighbor since his apartment sits right next to mine. Since we're classmates and neighbors, it isn't uncommon for us to share breakfasts and dinners since I often overcook, and Naruto always under eats!

Putting my waist-length white hair up in a clean ponytail, I pat my cheeks as a last-minute attempt to wake myself up (Although I'm already standing and walking around, slumbers don't just go away so quickly!)

As I walk out of my own house and take the few steps over to Naruto's front door, I automatically find myself pinching my nose to block out any smells I really don't want to deal with so early in the morning.

Naruto isn't one to lock his doors out of habit, so I take it upon myself to walk into the apartment and wake him up. Calling it an apartment is really a nice way of putting it, it's more like a garbage disposal area if you ask me!

Geez, we for sure need to schedule a clean-up day...

Walking into where he normally is, his bedroom, my eyebrows raised in confusion. Huh? This is weird...he's not here!

After some further inspection, I realize that Naruto's actually already gotten ready for the day and gone off before I ever even opened my eyes! Which is weird, to say the least, what on earth could he be up to?

Class doesn't start for another 20 minutes!

I shake my head and walk right back out of his office, retreating to my own home so that I could dine on my breakfast before it turns cold.

What on earth could Naruto be up to?

--Timeskip In class--

Walking into class, I feel my cheeks heat up out of embarrassment because of the sudden attention shifted my way. My normal classmates aren't the ones doing the staring, but instead a group of boys who have dedicated themselves to trying to garner my attention romantically.

I don't even know how this started!!

Ugh, either way, it's so embarrassing!

There seemed to be two boys in particular who were extra interested in me and seemed to be the ring leaders of this little group of guys. One of the two, Daichi, greets me as soon as I walk through the doors of our classroom.

"Haru-chan you look so pretty today!" Sighing to myself, I take the comment gratefully, as grateful as anyone could be when receiving unwanted attention like this, but I can't help but mess with him just a little. "Does that mean I look ugly every other day?"