Chapter 8

Lorraine's POV

Ed and I got up early one morning and drove to the main television station in Connecticut. Luckily it wasn't a very early morning for us two, but early enough to where we had to set our alarms.

I put on my white blouse and a red coat over it, I pinned my flower on one side and slipped into my skirt. I curled my hair and put it up into a bun, I sprayed hairspray here and there, then I applied little makeup and put my lipstick on.

"I'm ready," I said walking downstairs to meet Ed in the kitchen. He had breakfast waiting on the table. I pressed a kiss to the top of Judy's head and went to sit down.

We ate in silence at breakfast that morning. It was a comforting silence, usually Ed and I would talk about our activities for the day, but we already knew what we had to do that. I was a little nervous about this television interview. We would be on television in front of thousands of people.

We spent the rest of the morning and part of the afternoon driving. I spent the car ride getting our notes in order, and writing a few more notes to talk about. Hopefully our interview would go as planned, hopefully Ed would not get too mad if anyone makes accusations about me.

I know there are many non believers and skeptics, I see what I see, no one else sees what I see. I am just glad that I married the man who actually does believe me. I do not know where I would be today without Ed. We have been through so much together, I could not think of anyone else to go through these things.

Ed and I arrived at the television station an hour before the show start. I touched up my makeup and drank some coffee. Long drives always wore me out, but I had to sort everything out today. Ed and I spent our time backstage talking through everything and waiting until we were called to go sit on set.

During our interview I was called a liar and a kook. Of course Ed got mad, and started to stand up for me, and got mad at the man. I didn't say much, I know most people do not believe me anyways. I married Ed because he believed me, and I believed him. Also, because we love each other very much.

Once the show was over, Ed and I headed backstage. He threw his jacket off on one of the couches and I quickly picked it up and folded the jacket. I handed the jacket to him, I stood in front of him and stared up to look up at him. 

"Ed, it is okay," I assured him and placed a hand on his chest. "There are many skeptics out there, they are not all going to believe in what I see. That is why I married you because you love me for who I am, and you believe me."

"I just don't like them calling you a liar," Ed commented as he looked down at me with a frown. "I love you too, Lorraine. I always will."

I tip-toed up to him and pressed a gentle kiss to his lips. He pulled me closer and placed his hands on my arms. Our kiss was soon interrupted by one of the producers clearing his throat. He thanked us for our time, and apologized to us for the guy being so rude to the both of us. 

"I do apologize for him," the producer said talking about the man who accused me of lying. I nodded at him and gave him a small smile. 

"It's fine," I reassured him and gave him a nod before he walked away. Ed and I soon left the television station and went back to our hotel for the night. "You know, can we just go home, instead?"

"That is fine with me, I would rather go home." Ed said to me as he opened my door for me to get into the car. I quickly got in the car and buckled my seat belt. 

We arrived home about three in the morning, it was raining fairly hard that night, and Ed and I had to hurry inside. For the little time we were outside both of us got soaked from the rain. We ran inside and the door behind us, mother and Judy were asleep, that was a good thing, usually Judy woke up during bad thunderstorms. 

We made our way upstairs to our room, I went to check on Judy and she was asleep with my mother. Once I made sure they were both alright and sleeping well, I made my way back to our room and went to go change into my dry nightgown I wear every night. 

Once I was finished changing, I made my way back into our room where Ed was asleep with his Bible open and laying on his chest. I smiled softly at him, and placed his marker in the Bible and laid it on his nightstand. I pressed a kiss to his forehead and crawled into bed myself. I snuggled up to Ed and fell asleep fairly quickly. 

That next day, Ed and I did not get out of bed until eleven that next morning. My mother nor Judy got us up, they probably figured we got in late the night before. We did get in late the night before, about three in the morning to be exact. 

I made my way downstairs to where my mother and Judy were sitting in the living room. They had the radio on, and Judy was color as my mother was knitting something. I never have time do the crafts that my mother does, I do regret that about being gone all of the time. I never had time to do all of what most wives do now a days. I learned how to do all of that, my mother taught me everything, just do not have time. 

I went into the kitchen to fix Ed and I a pot of tea. I looked out of the kitchen window to see the same nun I saw back in Amityville. I cannot tell you what I was doing as I had another vision of Ed's death. Another premonition, and I could not stop these visions from happening. All I knew was we did not need to take on another case. 

I cannot live without Ed in my life. We are supposed to grow old together, we are supposed to watch our daughter grow old, and play with our grandchildren. None of that will happen if we go on another case. 

"Lorraine, hon," Ed said holding my wrists in his hands. My whole body was shaking, and my breathing labored. I knew what had happened. I quickly wrapped my arms around his neck and sobbed. "What happened honey? What is it?" 

I shook my head in his chest, I could not tell Ed. No, he just had to trust me on all of this. He had to take my word for it and not go on another case. The Amityville case was the closest to hell that I had come to, and I do not want that to happen to me again. 

"We cannot take another case," I said as I pulled back to look at him, tears were still falling down my cheeks as I looked up at Ed. "You just have to trust me on this."

"Okay, okay," Ed said as he reached up to wipe my tears away. He pressed a kiss to my forehead as he held me in his arms. "I promise we will not take on another case."

A/N I hope you all like it! I have been working on this chapter for a while now. I have been super busy! Been studying my brains out! I did not have writers block this time! Up next, Ed and Lorraine will be travelling to London! I do have a surprise on down the road for this story, it will stray from both of the movies. I think you all may like it too. :) 

Don't forget to vote and comment on my chapter! 

Have a wonderful day/night!

DH