Chapter 12- Unwanted Visit 1

Rebecca's POV

"Mom, Dad!", Lizzy and Drew rushed in and halted when they saw our friends.

Lizzy smiled at them and said good evening beaming and ran to Heather. She was seeing them after weeks, while Drew lowered his gaze to the floor mumbling something.

I frowned slightly. "Drew there are adults here, what are you suppose to say?", I reprimanded him.

He looked at our friends at the table and rolled his eyes.

"I'm not supposed to say anything, why are they even here?", he asked angrily.

"Drew, stop that right now!", I told him shocked at his behavior.

"No mom!, don't you see that every time they are here, you and dad end up fighting after there gone!", Drew shouted and before I could say something he rushed upstairs.

I got up to follow him but.....

"I'll go talk to him", Andrew held my hand, rising from his chair going upstairs. I saw Lizzy playing with Heather's hair, I smiled.

"Go change Lizzy and come down for dinner with your brother, okay", I said to Lizzy.

"Yes mom", she said and ran off upstairs.

"Look guys, I'm sorry about Drew. I don't know what's gotten in to him", I said to the three.

"Its natural, kids get a little possessive about their parents every once in a while", William said reassuringly.

"We're gonna take your leave now. Thanks for the beautiful dinner Rebecca and we really catched up on everything", Heather said rising up from her chair.

"Yeah anytime guys, come back soon", I said seeing them off to the door.

We waved our goodbyes and I turned to the kitchen to serve Lizzy and Drew's dinner. I brought out their dinner to the table and saw that Lizzy was already seated with her Tablet in hand, playing her game.

I placed her dinner in front of her and saw that Andrew was coming down with Drew.

"Thanks mommy", Lizzy murmured and set her tablet down beside her. I kissed her forehead gently and smiled.

Drew took his seat on the other side. I frowned as I saw him fiddling with his fingers in his lap. 

"Mom.....I'm sorry, I never meant to act like that", he said lowering his head and my heart immediately melted.

"Its okay honey", I said hugging my son. They started eating their dinner while Andrew went to make a call to his secretary about some appointments.

Suddenly the door bell rang, I smiled to meet my visitor. I leaped to the door and opened it. There stood Claire, Andrew's Personal Assistant. I had invited her over for dinner, because of the misunderstanding in the morning.

I didn't tell Andrew, although he would think it's the right thing to do. I needed to apologize to her.

"Hi Mrs. Staunton, thanks for inviting me over", Claire said with a bright smile on her face.

"Oh call me Rebecca, and it's my pleasure,please come in", I told her giving her way to enter.

We both walked to the dining table and was seated there. "Claire, these are my kids, Drew and Lizzy", I saw her look at them with intent.

"Oh there beautiful, Lizzy looks like you and Drew looks like Andrew", she said smiling.

"Speaking of Andrew, he actually doesn't know your here", I told her.

"Yeah I know, he wouldn't like it if he knew", she replied.

"Why do you say that?", I asked her.

"Because he says he doesn't mix business with pleasure", she murmured.

"What?!?", I screeched.

"No, I mean he doesn't want to mix me the business and you guys(his family) the pleasure", she smiled awkwardly.

"OK, I'll go get dinner now, then we can talk", I told Claire. She nodded.

I went for dinner for Claire and I, and sent the kids up to brush their teeth and go to bed. We sat at the table in silence. Claire was eating and I  decided to break the ice.

"Look Claire....uhm, I'm really sorry for what happened this morning, I took it for something else. Andrew told me your dad died, and I know what it's like to be blamed for something you didn't do. I'm so sorry for your loss", I said in one breath.

She looked at me confused at first.
"Its OK, it happens and thanks for the dinner it's really good", she smiled reassuringly.

Just then Andrew barged inside.
"Becca has Lizzy and Drew gone to be......", he stopped midway as he spotted us at the table.

"Cla......Claire?", he asked with shock written all over his face.

MUST READ☝

OK, that's it for now. Watch out for Unwanted Visit 2, what will be Andrews reaction to Claire and will Rebecca be suspicious again?

I will be starting pre college tomorrow so updates will be reduced to once a week or maybe twice upon a good response.😂

Vote and comment on this chapter plz, waiting to know what you think.💖💞