prologue

Nobody's pov

Y/n is coming back from California after 4 years at UCLA. She misses her friends from New York but loved it in Cali. Her and Hakeem have been best friends since diaper days but fell off when she went to college. Also after hearing about his girlfriend. She never told Hakeem how she feels about him. Y/n doesn't know if her and Hakeem will ever be same. Now Hakeem's mom and dad Cookie and Lucious Lyon are throwing her a welcome home party. But how will y/n and Hakeem take it after not seeing each other in 4 years.

Cookie pov

"Jamal hand me my phone so I can see when y/n plane lands." "Here and you know this little welcome home party isn't the best idea. Since you invited Hakeem and Tiana." "Boy shut up and move y/n and Hakeem used to be best friends".
"Keywords used to be best friend's mom". Jamal mumbled under his breath.

Jamal's pov

My momma know she up to no good. She just wants to see y/n and Hakeem get together. I have been trying not to tell everyone my secret. No it's not about me being gay it's about me having feelings for y/n. I've never really realized I had feelings for y/n until it was to late to tell her. And me being busy with performances and constantly in the studio I just forgot about them. But now I might be able to tell her how I feel.

(P.s. That's you in the multi-media)