2

The rest of the day went by with no event.

No Nicholas. No Silver. No Bullies.

Mabel and I agreed to meet at the front entrance of the school at the end of the day. I had gone to my locker to grab a slip of paper I had placed in there.

All of a sudden, I was shoved against my locker, causing me to drop my books and my bag.

"Hey, Star Boy, I didn't think you'd show your constellations," Silver's shrill voice taunted me.

"I...I told you not to call me that, Silver!" I had gained a bit of confidence over the summer. If these boys had gone through Weirdmaggedon, they'd probably not have lived to tell the tale.

"Who told you you could call us by our names, Star Boy?" Nick said, shoving me into the closed lockers again.

Silver kicked me.

I didn't whimper, not like before....before....Weirdmaggedon.

He kicked me again, in my shin, causing me to sink down against the lockers.

How I wanted to shrivel up an escape.

I still didn't make a sound.

"What, starting to grow a backbone, girly?"

"Why'd you decide to draw that dumb thing on your face every day?"

"Star Boy, why don't you just scream yet?"

These insults were shot at me every time either Silver or Nick kicked me.

They hurt me while I was down, defenseless.

I stood up, through their constant kicking and teasing.

"Silver, Nick," I said with unexpected venom in my tone, "I had to fight through a small army, the start of an apocalypse this summer. I had to fight off crazy monsters you wouldn't believe even existed. I think I can take you on, it's easier than dealing with a demon," I spat, collecting my things.

I walked away from their stunned faces, slightly more confident and not trying to cover up my Ursa Major birthmark.

Silver grabbed my shirt and dragged me back.

"We don't believe you. Demons aren't real."

He swung his fist, aiming for my face at point blank range.

All of a sudden, a person intervened.

I don't mean any person.

They lightly shove me out of the way and took the hit.

Cackling filled the hallway.

"Man, pain is hilarious! Pinetree, these guys are funny!"

Silver and Nick looked at Bill like he was crazy.

I suppose he was.

But how the hell did he get a human form?!

"Silver, Nicholas, Pinetree here wasn't lying! I started an apocalypse in Gravity Falls, but he and his puny meatsack friends thwarted my valiant efforts! I mean, how can puny meatsacks take on a dream demon! They even managed to reduce me to human form!"

Nick and Silver looked stunned.

"And why, should we believe you?" Nick spoke up.

"Because I'm a insane demon!" To prove it, Bill light his now human hand with blue flame.

Silver and Nick ran away, scared.

"They do realize that that fire can't burn them?" I talked to no one in particular.

"Nope!" Bill's now humanized voice rang out.

"Let me help you with those books," he said, taking them from my hands.

"So...why'd you travel all the way to Peidmont?"

"I needed somewhere to stay, and you guys down here were my safest bet. Why do you let those bullies pick on you?"

"I dunno. At least their not as bad as Gideon, or you!" I laughed.

We were at the front, and Mabel had heard us talking.

Crap. Caught like deer in headlights.

"I'm guessing you never told her why you covered your birthmark?" Bill asked me, also caught in the headlights of Mabel's glare.

"Nope. But I don't think they'll bother me again, so..." I responded, my gaze not looking from Mabel.

"Dipper, why didn't you tell me? And who's your new friend?" Mabel spouted her questions, shifting slightly. Her glittery sweater shined in the sun.

Great. Now I have to explain who he is and why I'm hanging out with a dream demon. Oh yeah, those bullies too...