eleven

Later that night, I stopped Ethan in his tracks when he came out of the bathroom after taking a shower. "Why the hell did you do that?" I demanded and he shrugged, "you started it first."

"What did I do?" I asked him, a frown etched on my forehead and he replied, "I know you stole my clothes. Why did you do that?"

"You started it. You were the one who hit me with the ball! What did I ever do to you! I hate you," I hissed and he narrowed his eyes at me. "That was an—" Before he could finish his sentence, his phone rang and he shook his head, "never mind. Don't worry, I hate you too sweetheart." And with that, he walked to the balcony to pick it up.

An idea came to mind and I locked the balcony doors behind him. Ethan looked at me with wide eyes when he heard the sound of the lock turning and I poked my tongue at him. "Karma's a bitch, you jerk!" I shouted before walking out of the bedroom, leaving Ethan shouting profanities behind me all the while knocking on the door and asking me to unlock it.

It was a cold night and Ethan only had a t-shirt and a pair of joggers on. His hair was wet too. I hesitated for a bit, what if he froze to death? However, when I recalled what Ethan had done to me, I was too pissed to care about his well being, for now. Maybe I'll let him in later.

With that, I turned on the television and watched the movie that was currently showing on one of the channels.

*

The sound of my phone ringing woke me up a few hours later and I realized that I had accidentally fallen asleep. Rubbing my sleepy eyes, I answered the call from Zoey asking me if I wanted to Skype. I declined her offer, and told her that I was tired and we soon ended the call. I looked at the time on my phone screen and my eyes widened. Did I just leave Ethan out in the cold wearing so little, and with his hair still wet?

I rushed to the bedroom to see Ethan leaning on the door, his face ghastly pale. I quickly unlocked the door and put my hand on his forehead. He was burning up.

Oh god. I didn't intend to leave him out in the cold for so long, at least not till he caught a cold.

I tried to pull him up, only to lose my balance as he pulled me to him, hugging me.

"He...hey! What are you doing?" I gasped as his hold tightened on me. "C...cold," he murmured as he buried his head in the crook of my neck. "Yo...you take...responsibility," he said weakly as he lost consciousness.

I quickly stood up when his arms loosened its hold around me and helped him to bed. I rushed to the bathroom to take a cloth and a bowl of water and after soaking the cloth in the cool water and wringing the excessive off, I placed the wet cloth on his forehead.

I repeated the process when the cloth on his forehead got warm and took care of him the entire night, feeling guilty for what I had done.

*

The next morning, I felt a gently pat on my head and woke up to see Ethan already awake. "How are you?" I asked worriedly and he responded, "i'm fine," his voice sounding weak. I placed my hand against his forehead again and just as I guessed, his fever had not subsided. "Do you want to go to the doctors?" I asked him and he shook his head.

"Wait for me, I'll go get you some food and medicine then," I told him and quickly rushed to the kitchen. After cooking him some soup, I grabbed the box of flu medicine as well as a bottle of water, and brought them to the bedroom.

"Here, have some soup first," I told him, passing him the ceramic bowl which contained the soup. Ethan shook his head weakly and asked, "can u feed me?" I was not able to bring myself to reject him and did as I was told, feeding him spoonful by spoonful until he finished the entire bowl of soup.

"Here, swallow this," I held up two pills to him and uncapped the bottle of water. He swallowed the pills with a sip of water and went back to bed.

Seeing Ethan sound asleep, I walked over to the sofa to catch on some sleep as well, having only one thought in mind. I have to apologize to Ethan, I went overboard.