thirteen

I'm sorry it took me so long to update the book. I am finally done with my examinations and projects and I hope you guys enjoy this chapter:)

Sniff... Sniff...

The sound of someone crying caught my attention and I curiously turned to look at who it was.

"Hey...you ok?" I asked concernedly, seeing the unfamiliar face sobbing into her hands, mascara running down her face.

The petite girl with ombre brown hair looked at me, having heard my voice and I could see the unshed tears waiting to make their way down her puffy cheeks.

"I..." she started to say, but was cut off by another wave of tears as she held by a sob.

"Its okay," I tried to comfort her, as I started to pat her shoulder and her sobbing grew louder. "If you don't mind, I can lend you a listening ear," I told her softly and she began to share her story with me.

"I lo...loved him," she made out the words. "He played with my heart, stepped on it and left it shattered in tiny tiny pieces," she murmured. I frowned.

"It hurts so badly," she cried. I waited for her to continue and after a short pause, she did.

"I was just another one of his many goals," she told me. "Goals?" I questioned her, my voice tinged with uncertainty. "He had this list. I saw it for myself. It was titled 'player's agenda'. There were a ton of names before mine and he had ticked the box beside my name. He was done with me."

What a bastard. Her words sent my fists curled up in anger.

"He's after some girl named Xael Stewart next," she frowned. "What?" I exclaimed, a little too loudly.

"You're Xael, aren't you?" Her question caught me off guard. "You know me?" I asked her a little surprised.

She nodded, "I've heard about you." The girl then turned to look at me with a pleading eyes.

"Help me. Please," she pleaded. I raised my brows quizzically. What can I possibly help her with? Could it be—

"Please, help me get revenge on that f**king player," anger was evident in her eyes.

"But I—" I wanted to say, but stopped myself. I didn't know what I should call Ethan. My fiance? But we weren't engaged. My roommate? Nah...

"Xael, you okay?" The girl looked at me curiously, waving a hand in front of my face.

"Huh? Yeah," I snapped out of my thoughts. Who cares about Ethan. If he can flirt openly with girls, there's nothing wrong with helping someone with her revenge on a jerk.

"Ok. I'll help," I nodded my head in agreement. "Thank you so much," a smile finally made its way up the girl's face as she gave me a small hug. Which reminds me... "How should I address you?" I asked her.

"My name's Madeleine. You can call me Maddie," she shook my hands with a small smile. "I'm a senior as well," she told me. "Oh? But I haven't met you before," I asked her curiously.

"I just transferred a month ago, I'm such a fool. It took Xavier less than a month to check me off his list," she sniffed.

"Its okay, cheer up. I'll get revenge for you, I promise," I put on my determined face as I assured her.

The sound of the bell ringing cut short our conversation and we exchanged our numbers before scurrying to our classes.

Xavier huh, you're going down.

***

Time passed quickly today. I took in the fresh air once I walked out of the school as I stretched my arms. "Hey," a masculine voice sounded just as I felt a tap on my shoulder.