twenty one

I was in a room—a dark one, and I could see a familiar silhouette before me. Everything was hazy, and my head was spinning. I groaned as an uncomfortable feeling bubbled up my throat. A warm comforter was lifted above me as I got tucked into bed.

I could feel slender fingers sweeping a few strands of hair away from my face. A few moments later, my eyes opened slightly just to see a man's retreating figure.

Without thinking, I reached out and grabbed his arm, stopping him in his tracks. Ethan turned around, shock registering in his features. "Don't go back to Ariel," my mouth moved on its own. I vaguely made out a "who?" coming from Ethan, who was now sat beside me.

"The red head," I did not know why I said that. I heard Ethan ask why, but I clamped my mouth shut. Why, I wondered myself.

"Are you jealous?" came Ethan's next words and I turned to face him, nodding. Was I jealous? Suddenly, I felt warm lips cover mine and I kissed him back just as I felt my consciousness leave me.

*

"Oh god," I exclaimed to myself as I recalled what happened on that fateful night. I hid my face behind my palms as I felt them grow warm. Was it a dream? Or did that really happen? I touched my lips, as I vaguely remembered how Ethan's lips felt against mine. I did not make all of these up, right?

Tip-toeing, I stealthily made my way to the door, until I stopped myself. There was no reason to do that, I was the only one in the room. Shaking my head, I opened the door as softly as I could and peeked outside. All clear.

I crept to the living room quietly, making sure not to alert Ethan. The coast was clear. Had Ethan went out? I heaved a sigh of relief, but paused when I saw Ethan's legs dangling from the end of the sofa. Shaking my head, I sighed, no such luck.

Might as well. There was only one way to confirm my thoughts. I moved closer to Ethan, making as little noise as possible so as to not wake him up and crouched down so that his serene face was right in front of mine. I took a deep breath. Here goes nothing...

I leaned forward and placed my lips on his, trying my best to steady my racing heart.

My eyes widened when I saw Ethan's eyelids fluttered open. Shoot. I smiled sheepishly as I moved away from Ethan. "I...uh...gotta go," I stood up, flustered and just as I was about to run back into the bedroom, Ethan grabbed my arm.

"Aren't you gonna take responsibility after doing something like that?" He smirked and my cheeks reddened. "Why did you do that?" He asked, as I tried to pull my arm away, but failed. "I'll let you go after you tell me why," he said calmly as he yanked on my arm, causing me to land on his lap. "You..." I lost my ability to speak as I felt my heart rate accelerating.

"You..." "Did..." Ethan and I said at the same time. "You go first," we spoke simultaneously once again and laughed. "I'll go first then," I started. "Did you kiss me?" I questioned, my boldness surprising me.

"Why did you kiss me?" Ethan replied my question with one of his own. "I wanted to confirm if I was dreaming or if that kiss really happened," I admitted shyly. "Have you gotten your confirmation then?" Ethan asked and I shrugged. "You woke up before I co—" I stopped myself before I embarrass myself further. "Then why don't you do it again," he suggested and my eyes widened. Do what again?

The distance between Ethan and I closed as he leant forward and rested his forehead against mine slowly, gauging my response before brushing his lips against mine. So innocent, yet so tempting.

The feathery kiss soon turned into something more. I wanted to pull away before I lose myself but another part of me wanted more. I like him. I like this guy who makes my heart pound dangerously against my rib cage.

"Have you gotten your answer now?" Ethan asked after he pulled away, and I felt my heart sink. I shouldn't have gone and fell for him. Out of all the guys I could fall for, why him? Why did I have to like someone who already has his sights set on someone else?

"Earth to Xael," Ethan called as he snapped his fingers in front of my face, putting an abrupt stop on my train of thoughts.

"Huh?" I looked up at Ethan, a little dumbfounded. "I asked, have you gotten the answer to your question?" He repeated his question and I nodded slightly. "Why did you kiss me that night? Was it because of the alcohol?" I asked meekly, curious to know his answer, but at the same time, also afraid.

"I like you," Ethan confessed as he looked at me earnestly. Upon hearing that, the drums of my heart began sounding again, as if a parade was going on. "That girl who you like...it was me?" I asked in disbelief and he nodded. I blinked rapidly, not knowing how to take this news.

"You're turning bright red," Ethan teased and I looked down, burying my head in his chest, feeling it vibrate when he chuckled. "You haven't told me how you felt though," Ethan prompted as I moved away from him and sat upright.

Giving him a quick peck on his lips, I responded with a sincere "I like you too", happiness bubbling within me.

He he he. How are you guys feeling? The two of them finally confessed<3 *Squeals*