twenty two

I squealed as I laid in bed that night, sleep refusing to take over. My mind was replaying the scene of Ethan's confession and I can't help but giggle to myself when we...ahem...kissed.

It was only when the sun started to rise that my eyelids began to droop and soon, I was off in dreamland.

When I awoke the next morning, I was pleasantly surprised by the trail of neon pink post it notes lying on the floor. Quirking a brow up in surprise, I climbed out of bed and bent down to look closely at the cursive words written on the post it.

The first one had the words "good morning sunshine. Or should I say good afternoon?" Chuckling to myself, I looked over to see that it was already noon.

Walking over to the next post it note, I bent down once more and saw "first, lets get you freshened up" and I followed the arrow on the next few post it notes which led to the bathroom.

On the mirror, there was a post it note that wrote "were you surprised? I hope you were". Smiling to myself, I nodded and looked down to see my toothbrush already lined with toothpaste. Ethan's being really thoughtful today, my smile widened.

I proceeded to wash up and after I was done, I left the bathroom and saw a post it leading to the door, "you're done! Let's get you outside first".

Opening the door, I could see a whole trail of post it notes leading to the balcony.

"Hey! You're out, come on follow the trail."

"Aren't you curious what's out there waiting for you?"
I sure am.

"Let me tell you a joke. How did the baby learn to walk? Step by step!"
I smiled at his lame joke and proceeded to read the next one.

"You're smiling aren't you. I know you are."
And that made me smile even wider.

"Ok. Here's one more. What do you call an alligator in a vest? An investigator."
I laughed to myself. I guess its an improvement?

"Was it funny? I found it funny."

"But if you didn't, maybe this one will."

"Have you heard of the movie constipation?"
Huh?

"I bet you didn't, cause it hasn't come out yet."
I shook my head and laughed.

"Here's another one. But a different one this time."

"Do you know whats on the menu?"
What?

"Me N U"

This was the last of the post it note before I reached the balcony and saw light pink and white helium balloons tied on the balcony railing. Beneath the balloons was a huge white stuffed polar bear. Awww, I cooed to myself and walked briskly over to pick it up, feeling the soft fur beneath my arms.

"I think you're missing out something important," came Ethan's amused voice as he stepped out from behind a wall. "Ethan!" I called out happily when I saw him and ran over to him. "Thank you! I love it!" I smiled gratefully and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"That's not all, you know," Ethan told me and my brows raised automatically. "Huh?" "Look on the ground," Ethan told me and I did. There were a few dates lying on the ground, forming a U.

I stared at the dates for a long time before I finally gave up and looked at Ethan for the answer. "What's the U and dates supposed to mean?"

Shaking his head bemusedly, Ethan walked over and picked up a date on the floor.

"Do you get it?" He asked.

Pick. A date. U. What?

Wait...take u on a date?

"Are you asking me out on a date?" My eyes widened as I realized what it meant. Ethan nodded and walked over to me, taking my hand in his. "Will you go on a date with me, Xael?" He asked sincerely and I nodded my head, "yes!"

"Great! I'll pick you up at 5," Ethan told me before giving me a peck on my forehead. I nodded, my smile so wide that the corners of my mouth began to hurt.

I hadn't expected Ethan to do such a thing for me, and it really took me by surprise.

A grumbling sound disrupted my thoughts and I looked at Ethan to see him smiling sheepishly. "Come on, I'll make you some food," I told him, smiling as I tugged his hand and dragged him all the way to the kitchen.

"What do you want to eat?" I asked him and after pondering on my question for awhile, he answered, "sandwich."

Easy enough. I looked through the fridge and saw that we had some eggs and mayonnaise left and suggested that we have egg mayo sandwiches and Ethan agreed with a nod.

When the hard boiled eggs were done, I mashed them and added mayo before mixing them well. Ethan, on the other hand, helped out by slicing the bread into triangles. After spreading the filling on the sandwich, we were done and both of us carried our plates of sandwiches to the dining table.

"Aah..." Ethan cooed as he picked up the first sandwich and handed it to me. I smiled, things were really different now, never have I thought that this would happen one day. I widened my mouth and was about to bite onto the sandwich when Ethan retracted his hand, laughing.

I narrowed my eyes at him playfully. "Ford," I called him by his first name, faking a stern voice. "Yes Stewart?" He mimicked and leaned closer to me. Our faces were just centimeters apart. Our lips weren't touching, but this distance was enough to make my heart pound fast.

I took a deep breath and closed our distance by placing my lips on his. Ethan was taken aback and I smiled through the kiss as he cupped my face with one of his large, warm palms. When our kiss started to deepen, an idea came to mind and I pulled away from him, before poking my tongue out at him.

What are you doing?! My brain scolded while my heart decided to go along by saying, don't you want to kiss him?

It was Ethan's turn to narrow his eyes playfully at me as he reached over and pulled me to him by placing his arm on my waist. "Hey, that's unfair. I wasn't given a chance to escape," I pouted as Ethan laughed. "You wouldn't want to." "Who said so," I replied defiantly while Ethan looked at me with an amused grin.

"Are you sure?" Ethan teased as he moved his face closer to mine. Oh god. Had he found out that that was my weakness? "You're blushing right now," Ethan said softly, his minty breath fanning my face. I kept my mouth shut as Ethan brushed his lips against mine gently. "Are you sure you don't want this?" He continued his teasing and I gave in to his advances, "fine, you're right. I wouldn't want to," I admitted.

Ethan threw his head back in laughter as I stood there with a silly grin on my face, the sandwich long forgotten.