5

That night, Bill had explained why he was at the school the first day.

Since he was technically 13 in human years, (demon years to human years is a difficult conversion) he apparently needed to go to school.

He was there to take an entrance exam of sorts to place him in classes, and to see which student he would be shadowing.

The next morning, all three of us got ready as fast as possible. Mabel, Bill, and rushed out to the bus, me sneaking my Pinetree hat to school in my bag.

Once we were seated, I pulled out the beaten, burned, and bloodied hat, placing it on my head. Covering my Ursa Major birthmark.

"Hey, kid!"

"Yeah Bill?"

"You know that person I'm shadowing today?"

"Yeah?"

"It's you!" Bill said excitedly.

"Wait what?!" I exclaimed, not caring how loud I was.

"Yeah Pinetree!" He said as he slid across the aisle, bag in hand, to sit with me.

I had to let him so he didn't get yelled at by the bus driver.

Bill placed his hand on my shoulder, draping his arm around me.

Geez Bill, why do you do this?

"Oh, the arm? It feels right. And seeing you blush is a perk."

You know what you've been doing, right?

"Uhm...enlighten the all-seeing eye."

I internally chuckled at the irony of this statement.

You...you've been flirting with me.

He heard this and my face flushed completely.

"Hey boys! What're you talking about?" Mabel asked from behind us.

She saw my reddened face. "He knows what he's been doing?"

I nodded, unable to speak with Bill's arm wrapped around me.

Then all of a sudden, the bus stopped and people started filing off.

We're here. Let go of me Bill.

"Fine. I wish I didn't have to read that thought," he said, taking his arm off my shoulders and following me around.

Today was considered a B day, so Bill, Mabel, and I all had the same class. French.

"Bonjour Class, welcome to introductory French," the teacher said as soon as we were all seated in room number 234.

"You will refer to me as 'Madame' from here on out," Madame told the class. "Do any of you know any French?"

Mabel raised her hand. The teacher pointed at her.

"Je'taim means I love you," Mabel said proudly.

"Good. Well start from where your sitting. Uhm....Mason...Pines. Do you know any French?" She singled me out.

"Uhm...n-no," I stuttered out. I mean, why else would I be taking this course? To go over something I know? I'm the kid who takes as many classes as possible to expand my knowledge.

"Let's see..." Madame started, "William Cipher, do you know any French?"

Bill took a breath. "Oui, En fait, je suis couramment en elle. Vous voyez, je suis ombrage Mason ici, donc je devais aller à cette classe au lieu du Latin, qui est sur ​​mon horaire habituel. Je suis convaincu que vous avez été bien informé de ces informations?"

I was blown away. He actually knew French. Well, not surprising, I suppose. He was fluent in ancient languages as well, I had learned last night.

"Great job William!"

"By the by, I prefer to be called Bill."

"Now, Uhm..." She moved onto the next student.

Soon enough it was time for the next class, so as the bell rung, we headed towards AP Biology, the college level class these two middleschoolers are taking.

I could tell this was going to be a great year. Even if I was friends with a dream demon who knew...well...everything.