Chapter 9: the meet

I wake up at the sound of Delilah singing.
And I'm pretty sure why she's in such a good mood this morning.
"Get up! You're still your sleepy self huh?"
She screams and jumps on me.
"Agh! I'm awake"
I missed her annoying energy early in the morning.
I got in the shower to prepare me for the day.
The plan was; us having breakfast out then I had to go to the office and check on everything and all the meetings, then we'll go have lunch together.

"You wanna come with me to the office Delilah?"
"Yea sure!" She answers while munching on her food."Food always tastes better here!"
"That must be because you love everything here" I say.
"Maybe" she winks at me.

I asked her about our friends and how they're doing, I was kind of afraid they already forgot about me.

David and Jenna are together now and for me that's good news, we've all thought they were a perfect match since forever, I just don't know what took them so long they shared some crazy chemistry.

I got ready and started the day as planned.
Everything went smoothly apart from the excitement Delilah was showing.

  "yes darling did you arrive safely?" I hear Delilah talking on the phone.
"aha! okey see you in about an hour" and then she ends the call.
"Is everything ok?" I ask in which I get an answer right away "yes now since you're ready help me out with my dress"
her dress had a zipper in the back so I zip it up for her.
We finished up and headed out where the car was waiting for us. Delilah's smile was beaming the whole drive to the restaurant.
We arrive and upon arriving we got escorted inside the restaurant. It was exactly how you'd expect an expensive restaurant in France to be.
The girl that got us to our table already informed us that our 'Mr.Nicolas' already arrived.
The place wasn't exactly busy which is always a good thing, so We easily spotted the young dark haired man sitting alone.
Wait...
He got up and Delilah one second she was next to me and the next one she was hugging him.
She kissed him on his cheek and turns to me.
He then noticed me and seemed taken aback for a second.
"This is Bella my sister, Bella this is Nicholas"
I shake his hands and give a polite smile.
He mentions for us to sit.
And I ask: "how is it that we keep running into each other?"
He looks at me again: "you remember me?"and at sync Delilah asked: "you know him?" Both looking surprised.
I chuckle: "He was the boss that fired me" I say finding the whole thing funny.
"Wait what ?" This was my sister, I was ok with it but seeing her reaction now, I think she is not.
"How is it that I didn't know this ?"
She asked in surprise.
"It might be because I never told you the place I worked with or the name of the boss, remember, I used to tell you it's just an interview so let's not make it a big deal until I get the job? Well and then I got fired the next day and I didn't get to tell you any of that"
I explained while watching both of their reactions.

"I'm so sorry ! I didn't ..." Delilah started but I cut her off.
"Come on, don't be that was a long time ago"
He just kept his stare on me.

"So what about your part of the story " Delilah turning her attention to Nicholas this time while crossing her hands.
He smiled at her and he extended his hand over the table to reach her: "come on this was a long ago plus work is work"
He was right.
I needed to change the energy around because this is taking me to some awful memories.
"But I'm sorry if I seemed hard on you, if I knew we would meet again I would've gave you another chance" he looked genuinely sorry.

I just wanted to avoid this so I nod,  smile and excuse myself to go to the restroom.
I wet my hands to feel refreshed and touch the back of my neck.
« Le monde est petit indeed » I say to myself.
From behind me comes a beautiful girl dressed in a short black dress. I can see her through the mirror as she reached the sink.
"Rough night?" She asked while not really looking at me.
"I met some unexpected people" I find myself answering her.
"Le monde est petit huh? '' she smiles at me and offers her hand after she dried it.
« I'm Lily by the way »
« And I'm Isabelle but you can just call me Bella »
« Nice to meet you Bella »
She fixes her make up while I just relax on the wall and look at her.
« I know we just met but you seem like a good person let's hang out sometime and she hands me her phone so I can write down my number.
I make my way back to the table and as I approach the table Nicholas makes an eye contact with me while Delilah is obviously talking about something funny.
« You cam right on time, I was telling Nicholas about that time when we were little and  I lost my doll and you sprayed black paint onyour dolls head and gave it to me as if it was mine, you were and still the sweetest sister »

•••••••••••••••••••••••

I hope you like this part as I sure enjoyed writing it ...
Please comment and vote ❤️❤️
Again thank you for reading!
*
The picture on top is of what Mr.Gerard Evans was wearing *