XLII- Distraction

"It's gone," Greyson said, wiping his hands on his jeans as he walked into the lounge. "How is she?"

"After she was in your head she fell asleep," Kal said, looking over at Indianna who was asleep on the couch. "She's burning up and looks like she's in pain."

"You should've told me," Greyson muttered and walked over to Indianna, sitting down next to her, his presence soothing her immediately. "She gets like this when I'm away from her."

"Well, I thought you were a bit preoccupied disposing of the decapitated head," Kal said.

Greyson cursed quietly under his breath and closed his eyes. "I can't believe he sent that to her. He's sick."

"He wants her," Kal said as Greyson started to play with some of Indianna's hair. "We need to figure out why."

Greyson stayed quiet and Kal frowned, looking at him suspiciously. "What?" Greyson asked.

"You just blocked your thoughts off," Kal accused and Greyson shrugged.

"So?"

"You're hiding something."

"No I'm not."

"You know who he is!" Kal gasped. "You know why he wants Indie!"

"No, I don't," Greyson groaned. "Not for definite."

"You have suspicions?"

Greyson looked at his ginger friend and nodded. "I do. However, I pray to the Moon Goddess that I'm wrong."

*

When Indianna woke the next day she was still lying on the couch but she was snuggled into Greyson's chest.

"Hey," he said softly and ran his fingers through her long hair. "You alright?"

Indianna sighed and shook her head. "I can't stop thinking about Cassie."

"I know it's hard, but you're going to have to."

"What did you do with it?" Indianna asked quietly.

"It's gone," Greyson said dismissively. "It's over."

"I need to shower," Indianna said and stood up, trying to force the image of Cassie's head from her mind. "I feel dirty and horrible."

"I'll come with you," Greyson said, following Indianna out of the room.

"No you will not."

"I'll stay in the bedroom," he chuckled and they made their way up the stairs. "You've not sprouted hair in front of Kimberly have you?"

"Not yet," Indianna said. "Greyson, after what happened I don't think Kimberly should stay here. Something bad could happen to her."

"Currently I wouldn't mind if it did," Greyson muttered and sighed. "But I agree with you, however my parents are adamant that the bitch stays."

"Great," Indianna said sarcastically and opened the door to her room to see Kimberly sitting on her bed applying her makeup.

Kimberly looked up and narrowed her eyes at Greyson and Indianna. "What?"

"I think I should be asking that question," Indianna frowned. "This is my room."

"I don't see your name on it," Kimberly shrugged.

"I'll go scratch your name into the trash cans outside and you can stay there from now on," Greyson said and glared at Kimberly. "Get out."

Kimberly swallowed, but crossed her arms over her chest stubbornly. "I like this room. So... No."