4.

I came out here to have a good time and I'm honestly feeling so attacked right now. I probably will be if I don't Mission Impossible my way out of this.

They hadn't noticed me yet but only because they were too busy sticking their tongues down each other's throats and hand up each other's shirts. I was careful to keep my gaze averted before I turned away from them back to the doors and started walking away.

My head was down and my steps were slow, the click of my heels muffled by the music. Or so I hoped. I was almost reached the door before they noticed me.

But they did notice me. Maybe I could lunge for it. I'd probably fall to the ground in a sad heap instead of rolling away from it like Ethan Hunt could.

"Who are you?" Her voice rang out clearly, cutting through the haze of panic in my head. I stilled and the 'flight' effect came into play.

I could run for it or turn around and apologize once more but after all the stuff Eric told me, I doubt I'll go free this time. It isn't the human realm where they'd just brush it off. It was world with Regents and Princes and powers and Elements. It was a world where people valued pride, even if it caused a downfall. It wasn't even a question as to whether she remembered me or not because-

"Hey! You're that girl who bumped into me on the dance floor." I squeezed my eyes shut in mortification. "I recognise that... dress." The contempt in her voice when she said it made me want to kick her perfect lips. I like this dress.

"Umm... Yes." I turned around slowly. "Sorry about that." There was a sheepish look on my face. "I didn't see you here, it's very dark and I just wanted some fresh air."

She had turned completely away from her boyfriend and was staring at me with her arms crossed across her chest. "Oh, really?" She asked, cocking an eyebrow. "So you didn't just come after me just, say, to get revenge? Or to hit on Christopher?"

I stepped back and shook my head as well my hands. "N-no! I was waiting for my friend to return from the washroom! Y-she was standing behind me on the dance floor!"

"Oh, really?" She repeated, taking a step forward and cocking her head. She was very obviously enjoying this and I was very obviously not and that also very obviously made her happy.

I'm usually not one to judge others preferences or whatever but you'd think the Prince Regent would have a better type.

"You know, you made me spill my drink?" It wasn't a question. It sounded like one. But it wasn't. Trust me on that, I've been in enough confrontations.

"They're free, right?" I replied weakly.

"So?" She moved forward. "These heels aren't. They're brand new. And they're my favorite."

I held my ground but my eyes flickered to Christopher and back. I was hoping he would stop her from this but he wasn't making a move and I was so scared. My feet refused to move. I was so close to the door, I wanted to leg it. "Sorry. I mean it. I wasn't looking and..." My voice trailed off as my eyes fell on the glowing drops spinning around her hand once more.

A sadistic smile set itself up on her face and all I could do was watch the show with a morbid fascination. The drops grew bigger, coagulating into a huge unstable looking ball of liquid around her hand and she raised it. My eyes widened, and I managed to turn myself and raise my hands in a weak defense right before the ball of water hit.

It felt like slamming into a pool when you're not jumping properly but on a more concentrated area and the pool is coming towards you. I didn't have time to scream as the breath rushed out of me and I felt something crack. My feet momentarily left the floor before slamming against something, I'm guessing the glass doors. A breathless cry burst out of me and I heard glass shattered. Gravity took hold again, I slammed against the ground on my side.