5.

"You're not going to school in your state and that's final." Mich growled as he blocked the door, placing a muscled arm across it.

I cocked my hip and let out a tired sigh. "We had this conversation, Mich. I'm going. I don't want to miss the first day of school."

"In your state, you're lucky I'm deciding to let you continue on here." He replied. "You have broken ribs! Not to mention, bruising and various cuts all over your body! Stay at home!"

"I had broken ribs! I had various cuts over my body!" I emphasized the past tense and skillfully avoided the still-present bruising. "I'm fine now. They patched me up at the hospital—" I waved my hand freely "—with their Air mastery of healing arts or whatever. And I know if I stay home with an injury, you'll stay home too!"

"Of course!" His voice rose an octave. "You're my baby girl! You were attacked! You're hurt! You need rest and you've not recovered! Any good father would do that!"

I rolled my eyes and strode forward, pulling him into a hug. He wrapped a hesitant arm around me and relaxed into my hold. A small sigh escaped him. "Fine. You can go." He sounded tired. "I'll be at home and if you have any problem, call me. Alright?"

I gave him a peck on the cheek as affirmation before pulling back. He had bags under his eyes from staying up all through Saturday night and Sunday early morning, despite my protests. "You get some sleep. I'll be late today, I have my first shift at the bakery."

He closed his eyes and I felt he was about to argue once more about my decision to get a part-time job but he just nodded. "Okay. Have fun. Call me if you need a lift."

"Eric will give me a lift or I'll walk. It's fifteen minutes from there." I pulled the door open and stepped out, blowing him another kiss. "Bye, Mich."

He smiled back, leaning against the door. "Bye, Fi."

I didn't have to wait long before Eric pulled up. Flo was riding shotgun and they were arguing again while some songs blasted on the radio. They paused momentarily to greet me before getting back to their argument. I listened to it for a while before reaching out and simultaneously whacked them.

They groaned and then turned to glare at me. I smiled. "As much as I would love to sit here and listen to you guys bicker all day, we have school and Mich would also probably appreciate it if you didn't block the driveway and decided to start driving."

They both grumbled apologies before turning back to the front. Eric put the car in gear and drove away from my house.

"So... Fi. How do you feel?" Flo began, looking at me in the rearview.

I shrugged. "They fixed me up pretty good at the hospital. The cuts are just scars now and I also got a cream for bruises so that should help."

"Today's going to be tough on your body." Eric chimed in. "You should have taken the day off. There will be self-defense, physical education, a little bit of martial arts or something like that, Element training and so on."

"Won't there be any theory? What about normal studies?" I leaned forward interestedly.

He nodded. "The first half of the day, your opted subjects. The second half, the rest of it. This is supposed to be a really exciting week."

"Yeah." Flo spoke up. "I can't wait for it to end!" She eagerly twisted in her seat, fighting the belt to talk to me. "The Regents of all the Elements come at the end of the first week see the new Elementalists. Because, by then, the coaches know the potential of a trainee. So they give their reports and introduce you to the Regent. If you're one of the best, that is."