17.

The rest of week passed by pretty mellow. I didn't have another problem and sparring with Colin was actually fun. We were evenly match and we both got to take each other down. For me, it wasn't just one sided, constant beatdowns from Rhaeya anymore. I mean, I still didn't let her heal me, so she did still feel guilty anymore. I'd noticed that even when she tried to hide it. I'm not completely heartless even though I enjoy beating on Colin.

"Well, what's today's score?" I asked Colin as the bell rang and we both dropped our guard.

He shrugged. "I think it's three for three. Not consecutively."

"Damn it." I rolled my neck and sighed. "I need to work harder."

"Work me any harder and I'll be a stain on the floor soon enough."

I chuckled at his morbid complaint before walking away. "See you tomorrow, Colin."

"Tomorrow's Friday." He threw his arms out. "I get two day's reprieve from you."

I rolled my eyes at his drama as I picked my bag up. It felt nice to have finally made a proper friend in the Gym. He joined me as I was leaving.

"So, any plans for the weekend?"

I shrugged. "Maybe. My guardian will be coming early and I wanted to spend some time with him. Promised my friends some pool time as well. Two seminars to prepare for. A lot, actually. What about you?"

He shrugged, pushing open the door. "Nothing much." Stepping outside, he held it open for me. I resisted the urge to cock an eyebrow. "There's homework. Maybe I'll go for paintball with some friends."

"Oh, paintball." I sighed, nostalgia filled me. "It's been a while."

"You should join us. A few of my friend's girlfriends also tag along sometimes."

I would have wondered if this was a date he was asking me out on if I hadn't spotted Mich.

"Maybe." I replied distractedly. "Hey, see you later. My guardian is here."

"Oh, okay." Didn't hear if he said bye or not but I was already walking towards Mich. He had his eyes on me, his face was blank and I realised he was leaning against Eric's car. Neither Eric, nor Flo had shown up yet.

"Hey." He spoke softly when I approached him.

"When did you come back?" I decided to forego the greeting.

"This morning. Told you I'd be back early." He followed it with a weak smile.

I scanned his figure. He seemed freshly showered. A simple pair of jeans and a jacket over his favorite shirt. I checked around and sure enough, he was attracting glances. "You walked here?"

"Yeah. How else would I come here?"

The two of us shared a tense silence before he sighed. "I have a lot to tell you... you and... your brother." He was careful with saying Wafi's name out in the open. "You should call him over."

I nodded as I pulled my phone out. "Dinner?"

"I'll cook. You deserve a break."

I tried to ignore the warm fuzzies breaking out within me because I was trying to be angry at him, but he was still my guardian. I stepped forward and wrapped my arms around his waist. He seemed caught by surprise but slowly closed his own around me.

"Don't get me wrong." I spoke into his shoulder, as I enjoyed the contact. "I'm still angry with you. I've just missed you a lot. The house is very big and lonely."

"I... I missed you too." He pulled back. "I did get you something."

My lips twitched with the hint of a smile and I rolled my eyes as I stepped away. "I didn't ask for anything."