The Assassin

Damian Al Ghul. Damian Al Ghul was the name written on a strip of paper attached to the crows leg that just flew into your room. You didn't ask many questions when you received names you just got the job done by any means but you recognized this name. The Al Ghuls have just recently been ousted from the League and the new guy wanted to make sure it was for a final time. You were the League's best assassin and you figured it was only a matter of time before you were used to take care of business. You held no loyalties to the Al Ghuls only the League of Assassins. Creating loyalties to your employers only guaranteed death whenever someone new eventually took over. As long as you got paid and kept your life you were happy with whatever name the League sent your way.

With a new target in your hands you began your work of tracking down the Al Ghul heir. Through some investigative work, you manage to track down Damian Wayne to Gotham City. When you got there you went straight to a League safe house to await nightfall to enact your plan. While you wait you decide to take a shower and prepare your arsenal.

As you step out of the shower you notice your number on your hip is starting to get fairly low. You shrug it off. There has never really been a place for soul mates in the League of Assassins and the best thing you could do for him was to never meet him in the first place. Keeping a soulmate around would only paint a target on both of your backs. It was a liability that you couldn't afford. You've known this ever since the League took you off the streets and gave you a home. Nothing has changed.

In the cover of night you travel out of the city to infiltrate Wayne manor in order make your kill. Your sources tell you that Al Ghul has made his home here. One thing you certainly didn't expect from the posh manor was the inordinate amount of security that it had. Sweet Jesus this place is outfitted with enough security to keep anyone safe. You carefully scope out the land and make your way through without triggering anything that puts you in immediate danger.

Now to find your way in. You observed Bruce Wayne's heavily pregnant wife sitting reading a book next to an open window. She leaves the room to go get something but forgets to close the window on her way out. You slip through the window and hide in the shadows hearing the Wayne wife make her way return to the room. When her back was turned away from you, you snuck out of the room to hunt down your target.

You stealthily searched the manor for your target. You happen upon large library in the middle of the house. Tracing your hand across the shelves you look for a hidden switch figuring there must be a safe room that he was currently occupying. Finally you find the false book and the bookcase moves to reveal a passageway leading underground. With a smirk you made your way down the passageway, closing the passage behind you in case the wife should walk past and suspect something.

The passageway eventually ends to open up into a large cave outfitted with military-grade tech and bat themed paraphernalia. You stick to the shadows until you can figure out what you are walking into. You would prefer to only take out your target but if other casualties were necessary you would do what needed to be done. Luckily, the Al Ghul is training alone and with the cave being underground and far away from the house you were sure the wife wouldn't hear if it came to a fight. It looks like you were going to have a by the books assassination. Perfect.

You got into position while still being concealed and aimed a throwing blade for the artery on his neck. He turns around and catches the blade. You rolled your eyes at yourself. Of course it wouldn't be that easy to take down an Al Ghul. Brandishing your dual blades you lunged and the battle began.

The two of you get into a heated battle. He manages to dodge your first few attacks before grabbing a bo staff that was laying in the training area. With the bo staff in his hands he was better able to deflect your attacks which only prompted you to make them quicker and harder. Between one of your attacks he managed to butt you in the stomach with the end of the staff and in the same move he pulled one of your blades from his grasp. He threw the bo staff to the side and held up your blade ready for the next attack.