Down We Go

IMPORTANT READERS NOTE AT END!
PLEASE READ!

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I stared at the contents of the folder. Tears welding in my eyes at the picture before me. Slowly I traced the faces with a finger, mesmerized by love you could see. Without hesitation Tobio held to my arm, comforting me in my time of need. He was right about it.

Those people were my parents.

I looked so happy in the picture. Smiling with pigtails, hands wrapped around my parents necks. Grinning as we laid on the grass, with no worries. I didn't know I could smile like that.

"Wow.." Was all I could say.

Who would of thought that my life was calm at some point.

I started to take a better look at my parents features. A woman who's gray curly hair that was swept across the grass. With purple orbs similar to mine that seem twinkle as she held the camera. My eyes trailed over to the man, who I presume to be my father. He grinned so wide, his eyes crinkling at the sides as he struggled to keep in laughter. Black sleet hair that sat atop his head in a neatly trimmed cut and hazel eyes that dazzled as he watched us two laugh at him.

"Kai-chan is so happy" Tobio whispered, giggling as he pointed to my missing teeth. Those teeth that were now replaced by my fangs.

"Yeah" I chuckled heartily, "She was."

They look so young... Must be early 30s...

It was strange.

My mind kept spinning, too jittery to take in the information. For one thing, I learned that my last name was Yokoyama. Hikari Yokoyama...

I like it.

Going through their files I learned that they had married young. Kurogiri left little notes, telling me small things i should know about them. They were 24 and 25, my mother being the oldest by 4 months.

Her name was Galina Okita. She was Half-Japanese and Half-Russian. Born in Russia with a quirk that enables her to shapeshift into different animals. Kurogiri wrote that she was very kind but not to be messed with. She loved turning into a wolf or lion to intimidate people. Temperamental, genetics amirite?

Then there was my father. Hajime Yokoyama, who was adopted from Columbia when he was just an infant. His parents abandoned him, not knowing of his incredible quirk that turned him into a human torch. A loud personality but he was slow to anger and loved sweets.

But what interested me most... they were on different sides.

My mother was a villain, her family was poor and she grew up with gang activity. Eventually she got involved, having to provide for her siblings. One thing she loved was to travel. She ended up in Japan, eventually meeting Kurogiri.

Father although, was not like that. His Japanese parents were financial stable, raising him to use his powers for good. They also made sure he never lost his roots, always trying to teach him Spanish.

So like Iida said, it's like a Romeo and Juliet story.

I flipped the page, finally arriving on another letter from Kurogiri.

No files or evidence ever came up of how they met. That's all because your mother knocked out every surveillance camera. But I do know this. Your father was doing a search and rescue after an earthquake had happened. While doing this, he came upon your mom who was stealing from a crooked politicians house. Your mother was never the one to still from innocent people. That's why she joined us, getting info and attacking the right people. Your dad took notice, igniting their battle. Towards the end, an aftershock came, and a piece of debris went hurling towards her. Then your dad reacted, pushing her out of the way and ended up stuck under there. Okita wanted to leave him so bad but she said the guilt would cause her hair to fall out. To be honest I still think she was swooned by his looks. Took him back, helped him and they eventually found out they aren't bad after all. Argued a lot let me tell you! But in the end, they really did love each other.