Chapter 17

Harry's been left in the private room that Louis stayed in on his own. He went from sitting on the floor to pulling on his hair with cruel strength while pacing. His inner wolf was driving him mad, poking hot cylinders into the sensitive portions of his brain. It was breaking him.

His mate has been in surgery for half an hour and Harry feels like each second brings him closer to self destruction. Suddenly all the pointless walking and relentless growling has no purpose. He's been left with the sport of allowing his worry to fester, to bombard his system.

The doctors haven't been keeping him updated and Harry is an inch closer to barging into the OR with each heartbeat of his.

Two hours.

Two entire hours do their unkind justice by him as they pass, until the first sign of life comes from the other side of a giant set of double doors. The red light is still on, signalling that the operation is still underwar. Harry can feel it though; he can sense the life of his baby being brought into the world.

His Alpha senses turn into alarming flares and he falls against the wall on his side, relief flooding him as the emotions rushing to him through his bond with Louis is reassuring. He waits impatiently after that for anyone to come to him. There is no sign of a person coming to him but Harryknows.

He's a father now. Another little life that is without proper sound mind and utterly dependant, is going to rely on him for everything. Harry will carry home an infant that's premature by two months but still going to be the light of his life through any and all darkness.

Harry crosses and uncrosses his arms over his chest, scenting every nonchalant and disinterested passer-by. Then those doors open and the red light goes off, a neatly attired nurse in her scrubs and hairnet walks out. She's the least of his concern because in her arms in a little bundle, the softest white cloth functioning as a blanket and towel.

The Dominus loses the air in his lungs and the control of his senses for just that moment when the nurse hurries along to him. She stops right in front of him when Harry's practically heaving to inhale air and so tense he feels ready to explode. The baby in her hands is concealed, hidden enough that Harry can only see a stretch of slightly blue skin peeking out at him.

"Here he is." She announce chirpily, already extending her arms and Harry doesn't seem to be in his right state of mind but he's fully capable of gathering the lovely creature in his protection.

Harry's tongue is dry and his head feels extra light but his son in his security, in his arms. He doesn't need anything but that to survive. There are still signs of amniotic fluid and blood all over the baby that's just stopped crying by the way it squirms so relentlessly. Harry hasn't seen the pup's face and he's madly in love.

"Your mate wanted you to see him before he got cleaned up." The nurse's smile sobers when Harry looks at her. "The doctor who delivered him would like to see you both after Louis is back in his room."

The Dominus can only nod curtly at her and gather the courage to finally move the blanket so he can see his baby. Aryan is the most exquisite sight he's ever witnessed, fussing with the captivity of his blanket and his skin so blue yet so flushed red. His eyes are squeezed shut and his skin is wet with remnants of post-birth fluids but he's gorgeous.

Harry kisses the baby's forehead despite the wet surface and his son doesn't settle, only gets more excited. Both his hands can secure the little one so well, keep him upright and safe. Aryan is a tiny baby but that's only because he's born early. His lungs labour to breathe but it's nothing so severe.