Chapter Fifteen

im_a_milly_lover made this fabulous banner! Thank you Milly! (:

Word Count: 1358

~Lexia

Jasper refused to take on step into Grayson's house. He stared through the doorway I invited him into, but didn't follow me.

"You can come in you know," I tell him. I'm trying to be somewhat friendly, and I'm not sure why. I don't owe him anything. Maybe I wanted more information out of him, but by the looks of it, he's not having it.

"I think I'll go," he muses, glancing over my shoulder and into the house.

The look on his face suggests I don't question why he's so anxious about coming in here. Perhaps it's because Grayson might smell the scent he leaves, I'm not sure. But whatever it is, it has him backing away.

"Thanks for stopping me from finding out a question I've been asking myself for awhile," I mutter sarcastically. He grins, not saying another word before he slipped into the darkness.

And then I hear him say, "I did you a favour."

❤️••❤️

I lay in bed, my hands folded over my stomach. It's late, but I can't bring myself to sleep. Too many thoughts swirl and mix in my head, and amongst those thoughts, sleep isn't mentioned.

Grayson hasn't come back yet, as far as I'm aware. Jasper may have explained what that howl was, but I can't get the eerie sound out of my head. It curls around my mind, ringing in my ears. That wasn't a praise to the Moon Goddess that I heard, it was something darker and more sinister.

Unable to find sleep for the second time today, I make the decision to get up and wander around. The night is balmy and thick, so being naked under the sheet I wrap around myself is a mild relief.

I explore for awhile, the rooms of the house large and open, with the windows wide to let in cool air. It dances across my bare skin, relieving the feeling of pent up heat under my skin. No one is around; the place in completely abandoned. And I couldn't be happier.

Wherever Grayson is right now, I don't care, I think, as I walk up a flight of stairs, sheet dragging at my ankles. I would be beyond embarrassed if someone was to show up right now and see me dressed like this...Oh well.

The moment I make it upstairs, the entire layout of the place seems to change. My feet remain on the edge of the step, as I wonder whether or not I should go any further. It's darker up here; less open, but somehow much colder.

My hesitation allows deep set curiosity to set in. I never thought to go up here. It is the third floor, above my bedroom, and I didn't find the stairway until I delved right to the end of Grayson's large home.

"Interesting," I murmur to myself, deciding to walk further down the hallway.

Something suggests that I shouldn't be up here. What if this is a private area for Grayson only? And I'm here walking through his personal space? This makes me stop again.

I should turn around. But right at the end of the hallway, there is a oak door calling for me. No. I will ask him about it first.