Chapter 10

Bryn Atkinson's POV

Watching TV is so damn boring, Aspen is boring, my Dad is boring when he wants to be boring, Nikolai is too busy so he's boring too, my whole life is boring. Nothing was on TV, just news, news, some more news, then more news, oh, and did I mention plenty of news? I was sitting on the living room couch with Aspen, but he was on his phone the whole time.

"Better lock your doors up tight this year folks, word has spread about the murders of Casey Summers and Lionel Jankens. Both victims had their mouth's sewn shut, along with their eyelids as well. Police reports prove to state that both victims had died of asphyxiation.

Recently, a Jane Doe was found by the Illinois River, in the same condition as well." The news reporter said. She was the type to wear a bun and a dress suit, her male colleague sitting on the seat beside her, intrigued. By now, Aspen was looking at the TV screen, finally. He had a serious expression, before looking at me.

"Watch out, it's a dangerous world." He said, pinching my cheek. I groaned, and he smiled softly before patting my cheek and going back on his phone. Yet, what he said was right.

It is a dangerous world.

~

My father had the brilliant idea to go shopping, with me. Of course, he made Aspen tag along as well, no matter how many times he said he didn't want to see "girl clothes."

Although, it's difficult to shop with the both of them.

"Look Dad, doesn't this shirt look cute?" I said, pointing at the crop top.

"What the fuck is that? Might as well wear as bra out in the open." He replied, pointing at it as if it was the most horrific thing he saw.

"Fine. How about... These shorts?" I asked, motioning to the high waisted jean short shorts.

"No way in hell would I let you go out wearing that." Aspen said, not even baring to look at it. "I mean, c'mon, go out in a frickin towel if you please."

"Ok... These pants?" I asked again.

"Aren't those... Too tight?" My dad replied, whincing when I put the pants over my legs.

I don't even have them on yet.

"Dad, this is specifically why some girls don't go shopping with their dads." I replied with a chuckle, dumping them inside the cart. "Taking them either way."

He sighed, rolling his eyes in a playful way. "Just get whatever the hell you want, Bryniac."

"Bryniac, ha, that's nice." Aspen said, giving my dad a high five.

"It's basically a compliment Bryn, you're smart." Aspen said, a little smile playing on his lips.

"This is why I usually take Nikolai with me everywhere." I mumble, dumping another T - Shirt inside the cart. I then had a brilliant idea. We paid for what we got before I dragged them somewhere totally awkward.

There was bra's, underwear, and lingerie everywhere. To say my Dads eyes popping out was an understatement. Aspen meanwhile was a shade of red, looking silently at the ground.

Poor boy.

~

"Jared, don't be an idiot." I said.