23 - One Morning Together

Chapter dedicated to PrettyLittleLouise because of the awesome fan art she made for the story that can be seen on the side here!

_____________________________________________________

It seemed like the most perfect morning. The sun was streaming in through the windows and the room was a toasty temperature. I was snuggled comfortably into my blanket and I felt Jay's form cuddling tightly to my own. It was peaceful. 

Until I felt the soft pad of feet tough my face. My head jerked up in surprise as the nose of soft purring filled the air. I opened my eyes lazily unsurprised to find Theo's wide light green eyes staring back at me. When he noticed my gaze, he mewed softly as if to not disturb anyone but me. I glared at him and slowly dropped my head back onto my pillow. I began to close my eyes when I felt the soft pads of Theo's feet paw at my face. 

"Am I disturbing you?" I whispered to my cat. 

"I think he's complaining about me," Jay said aloud making me practically jump out of the bed in surprise. "I'm taking his spot on the bed, huh?" 

I turned onto my back and looked over at Jay. His hair didn't seem out of place and there was no sign that he had ever been sleeping. He also smelled vaguely of cinnamon and Axe which was actually quite comforting. 

"Are you a vampire or something?" I asked pushing down all of my hair after a long yawn. "Did you even sleep?" 

"Soundly," Jay replied lifting his head up and leaning on his elbow. "You make a wonderful teddy bear. Mr. Theodore, over there, was kind enough to wake me in the same manor he did you. It seems that he wasn't fond of me taking up his space or your attention from him for that matter. But I will tell you a secret..."  

Jay leaned down a bit and I glanced over at Theo. He was sitting on the edge of the bed just watching me with his large eyes. His tail was flickering back and forth showing his displeasure for the whole situation. I gave him an amused smile before turning my attention back to Jay. He seemed to be waiting for me to say something. 

"What?" I asked quietly. 

"I don't really care what he thinks," Jay whispered giving me a very quick kiss on the lips. "You were so adorable that I really couldn't leave you. You were so just so exhausted from last night." 

"Most people don't keep me up until midnight," I agreed. "Being normal is kind of fun." 

Jay had kept me up all night...watching movies and eating various snack foods. It was like a rather intimate sleepover. Though nothing happened between us other than the conversation and snuggling, it was still took a toll on me after a while. We laughed at the movies and made fun of the actors and poked fun at one another. It was a good time and nothing really happened except talking. Jay did a great job of making sure I stayed awake, until he had to take a trip to the bathroom. Then I fell asleep almost instantly on my couch. The next thing I remembered was waking up with Theo in my face. 

"I wouldn't mind waking up like this more often," Jay commented after a moment. 

"With a cat pawing at your face?"  

"Next to you." 

"Aw," I cooed before lightly hitting him in the chest. "Don't be such a sap." 

"You love it," Jay argued. 

I sighed silently agreeing. "I would kiss you but I'm sure I've got awful morning breath." 

"I've already kissed you," Jay pointed out. 

"With my mouth closed," I added.  

Jay leaned down and kissed me again. It was still a closed mouth kiss but he made sure to linger for a few moments.