ROBIN

A bullet. Angel's immortal...he can't just die...by a bullet...can he?

My whole body is shaking with sobs, and my only thoughts are that Angel can't die, Angel's not allowed to die... I force my eyes to look at the boy in front of me, and I begin to sob even more violently when I see the pool of blood surrounding him.

Angel's eyes, which have always been glazed over, suddenly brighten. I see a black dot in the center and blink, trying to make sure that I'm not seeing things, but it's already gone.

Did Angel's eyes...have pupils...?

Angel's eyes glaze back over and roll back into his head; I know that he's gone. It's a wonder he lasted that long seeing as he was shot in the heart—I guess Dark Elementalists really do have a hard time dying, but even they can't live without a heart.

Angel's last words echo around my head.

Robin...ask...Daemon...his...last...name...

Tears flow down my face, and anger courses through my body. First Kane, and now Angel...

"Robin...," John says, and I feel his hand on my shoulder. I shake it off, and I stand up. I feel the electricity coursing through my body, and I turn to face Agent Ralph.

"I'm going to kill you!" I scream, tears blocking my vision as I charge blindly towards the government agent. I hear John and Mark yelling at me, but I can't make out their words. All I know is that I have to kill the man who killed Angel. I have to avenge Angel's death.

I lose myself, and blindly swing my fist. It connects with something, and I hear the sound of the electricity bolts shooting through it. I shoot electricity bolts in every direction, and shoot air currents in every other direction. Then I collapse to the ground, sobbing, and everything fades to black.

When I open my eyes, the first thing I see is the tops of trees. I slowly sit up and look at my surroundings, only to see Daemon sitting next to me. He looks at me and says, "Oh, you're awake," and then he stands up, holding out his hand.

I take it and he helps me stand up, and then both of our hands drop to our sides. My head hurts and my memory can't seem to recall how I got here. I think back, trying to remember what happened, when I realize where we are.

We're in a meadow, sitting under a willow tree. And underneath the willow tree should've been the two headstones that Angel and I would visit often when I was younger. But instead, I count three. I look at the names and read the two familiar ones first: Xander. Grace.

And the new name: Angel.

Tears fill my vision, and I whisper, "No," as the foggy memories resurface. "No!" I yell, and I turn to run off when Daemon grabs my arm.

"Robin, snap the hell out of it!" he yells, and my eyes widen in shock. He lets go of my arm and says in a softer voice, "Sit down, okay? I'll tell you what's happened in the past few days."

"Few days...?" I ask. "I couldn't have been out for that long..."

"You were out for three days," Daemon explains. "You hurt yourself pretty bad when you went on that rampage; you used up a lot of energy, and on top of that you were exhausted and confused."

I remember attacking in random directions, and worry courses through my body. "John and Mark, are they okay?!" I ask, worried. If I'd hurt them, then I could never forgive myself...

"They're fine," Daemon replies, and my worry fades away, "although Agent Blake won't be bothering anyone anymore, and Agent Ralph is in the hospital. Agent Tu somehow escaped with only minor injuries." He looks at me and says sadly, "We saw the lightning shoot up through the building's ceiling and into the sky, and I ran to see what was going on. I found you unconscious, and John told me everything that had happened. I then picked you up and told Mark that we were leaving, but he wouldn't budge. He just kept staring at the place where Angel's body must have been—."