chapter 1

Aiden pov :

My dad always told me, to be happy with what I have and to work hard for what I want. He always told me to feel grateful for what I have cause there are people out there that don't have anything. He always told me to work hard at school, to have good marks, to be always the first one who answer every question. But the thing is . . . I hated my life and I hated my dad. Why? Cause he makes me feel special . . . and I'm not, cause he wants me to do things that I hate, cause he wants me to be someone I'm not.

My mom always told me to be respectful, always help people, give them what they needed, and don't wait for anything in return. She always said to me that I don't have to be rich to be happy, that I don't have to worry about myself, and that the others matter more than anything. She told me to not fight with anyone, to stay calm. She wants me to be the perfect child. She gets so happy every time someone compliments her about how perfect her family is. She always wants me to smile and laugh with others, have many friends, and be loved by everyone.

People think that we are a sweet family. The perfect family with members who care and respect each other. A family with perfect parents and a perfect child.

But what they don't know is that we are not happy at least I wasn't . . . but the others were. That's why I  hated my life. I live a life where I saw people laughing, smiling, and having a lot of friends. But had no one to rely on. I tried to convince myself that it didn't matter even though I found I had to believe. It may be even harder to believe your own lies than anyone else's lies. The worst part is that I'm a werewolf from the warrior's pack. The strongest, the most feared pack in the world. They were known as the most violent and fearless pack with a strong bond between their people. Yet I  wasn't known by anyone, no one knew my name or even acknowledged my existence.  And even if they did, I was always qualified as the small, fragile guy who almost looks like a girl and who doesn't have any friends. It didn't hurt me that much, not anymore. I accepted my truth and I somehow agree with them but what am I supposed to do? It's not like I could change who I was. If I had the possibility I wouldn't think twice before doing it. It's not like I enjoyed being who I was, it was the complete opposite,  I hated myself.

Today I had to go to school, yet I'm still in my bed explaining my life problems to the voices inside my head. I looked at the clock and it was 7:30 am. So I woke up and ruched in the bathroom where I brushed my teeth and fixed my messy hair. After picking up some clothes, I went to school.

It took me about 10 minutes to arrive there. And here they are the jocks of the school, the sports players, and some girls. Everyone wanted to be like them, how pathetic.
I went to my locker . . . it was beside the most popular guy in the school's locker. We always met there but we never said a word to each other. He was our alpha's son, the guy that everyone in my pack must fear and respect. The rumors said that he is cold and arrogant and he gets angry easily. Everyone knows that he had many or should I say, countless girlfriends. He is built like a warrior with the most muscular body I have ever seen on someone his age. He is known for being violent with every girl he dated, he treats them like trash. They deserve it cause after all the things that he does to them they still dreamed of being his mate. I always thought that he was useless and that he shouldn't be the next alpha of this pack. Someone who doesn't know how to treat the people whom he is supposed to protect and help shouldn't be considered an alpha. 

We were heading to class after the bell rang. Suddenly we heard a girl scream, the sharp sound filled the atmosphere making every single person freeze in place.

"Klaus please stop it " she cried. When the student heard that name they didn't dare to look any longer, I could see the fear in their eyes. Klaus was an alpha so he could do whatever he wanted to. He always wanted everybody to look at him when he hit someone, it was like a punishment for that person. You disrespect the alpha then you are humiliated in front of everyone. What a sick bastard, he had the power and he abused it.

" Just stop it please, I'm sorry I  didn't mean it " she screamed at him. At that moment he slapped her making her crash on the locker's door. No one dared to help her not even her friends. Was I the only one who felt sorry for her? My mind told me to stay where I was but I couldn't stay still while watching such an awful scene. I just couldn't, even if I knew that he would kill me on the spot, I couldn't stay still. At that exact same moment I decided that I wanted to stand up and help her, I didn't care about the consequences,  I just wanted to do something.

I ran through the people who looked at me like I was crazy. Yet I refused to get discouraged by their awful stares.  I got on my knees beside the girl who had blood dripping from her nose. I tried to wake her up and she opened her eyes, she took my hand in hers.
"Thank you" she managed to say when she tried to get up, I helped her and hopefully one of her friends rushed to her and took her to the infirmary. I looked at my hand and they were covered in blood. I  hate blood . . .  I can't stay calm knowing that I  have blood all over me. But when I felt someone push me against the locker so hard that my back started to hurt immediately, the reality hit me. The sudden realization of my own actions made me question my own sanity. When I looked up, I met Klaus's eyes. I tried to push him but he didn't move a bit.
" You dare disrespect your alpha," he said with a such deep voice and such authority that I found myself shaking instantly. What do I do now, I started to panic, his guy could kill me right here right now and no one will even try to help me . . . if I had friends would they even try to do so? I started to ask myself so many questions trying my best to block all of the awful thoughts that came to mind. Suddenly I felt his hand grab my neck harshly and he began to squeeze.
"Stop it " I managed to say but he didn't seem to care he just looked at me with a blank expression. I managed to hit violently, where no man wants to be hit he fell to the floor dragging me along. I started breathing with difficulty but I didn't have time to lose I got up instantly and started to run faster than ever, I didn't even know where I found the energy to run away.

I'm a dead soul, I told myself as I was running as fast as I can bulbing into every person who was in from of me . . .  Why did I do that, what was I trying to prove? I was going insane at the moment. My back and my neck hurt so much but I didn't care, I just kept running until I arrived at the library. It was calm and peaceful; the perfect spot to hide. I grabbed the first book that I saw, sat on a chair, and acted like nothing happened, trying my best to blend in. I started to read and I hoped it'll help me calm down and relax. Hours passed and it was already dark outside ... I started to panic my parents are going to kill me . . .  I'm so screwed.