extra| wesley

Here is a little extra for ṭhose of you who truly enjoyed reading The Alpha's Little Rogue. I know many of you might have been frustrated not knowing the end of one or more characters.

This particular scene is set about fifteen years after the battle in third person POV.

-------*-------

The large man stood by the forest with a grim look on his face, one that was sketched with years of hardships and pains and all the time the man spent without the support of his mate and family.

He stood there quietly for almost an hour, knowing that the person he was waiting for would arrive, she never failed to disappoint him. Unknowingly the girl was giving the man his happiness, but at the same time giving him immense sadness.

The crunch of fallen dried leaves alerted him of the familiar strangers arrival, the crunch was first slow and then got a little more rapid and almost came to a stop when a young girl came into the panoramic frame of the lurkers vision.

"Quinn." He whispered in a voice so low that he could barely hear himself. The girls head snapped up and took a deep whiff of her surroundings before she settled into the grass, plucking it ad sighing to herself. A few salty drops fell from the man's eyes, which were common on these visits. He was a rogue and could not wait in one place for too long, so wherever he went by the side of the lake he made sure to stop by for atleast a day to catch a glimpse of a fragment of his sunshine.

The man was caught up in his own thoughts and did not realise when the sounds of another heartbeat joined his daughters soft steady one.

The man looked up and his eyes caught onto a female wolf around his age who radiated power. She stared at his face for a minute and then her gaze shifted to the teenaged girl who was smiling innocently and trying to remove the twigs from her tangled hair.

Her eyes flickered with brief hesitation and she offered the rugged man a smile and a nod of acknowledgement.

She knew. It had been fifteen years since he last stepped foot into the pack land, he was unsure if he would still be considered a traitor, but since he had threatened the Luna, his Luna, he knew the punishment would always be impending around the corner for one of the most serious crimes that can be committed by wolf folk. The fear of death no longer kept him away from his family, everyday his heart bled in self-pity. His heart longed for his Charlotte, the woman he would die for, kill for and commit a million crimes over and over again.

The Luna closed her eyes and he saw a ghost of a frown marring her features. Her dark hair swayed in the wind as she turned around and shifted mid stride into the ferocious, yet caring white beast that was spoken about in all the lands of the wolves. The gratitude that swept over the man's human form was overwhelming and he barely caught the sly glance she threw his way.

He continued to look at his daughter with all sorts of 'what ifs' running through his mind. What if he hadn't succumbed to Lincoln Dales powerless threats? What if he hadn't betrayed his pack? What if he had worked a little harder so as to not do something that would remove the Alpha's, Luna's and more importantly his mates trust from him? He thought of the large number of his children that could be running around the garden, calling him daddy, knowing who he was.

He regretted not having enough trust in his Alpha to protect his family, he should have known that Alpha Arden would not let anything happen to his pregnant Charlotte, but he was terrified.

Once again both he and his daughter were left alone in each other's presence, free to bask in the comfort her wolf was providing his. The male werewolf was so tempted to introduce himself.

"I feel lost." The girls voice rang clear through the silence. As soon those word escaped from here mouth her a rustle was heard, she looked around bewildered only realising for the first time in years that she wasn't alone. She stood up in a hurry, crouching low in an attack position. But something told her that this extra presence wasn't harmful and wasn't anything to be scared of. Call it her sixth sense, but she also knew that this wasn't the first time someone was watching her.

"Who are you?" She said bravely and loud, "Come out, don't make me call the Alpha."

Wesley shivered slightly at the warning but didn't move, the girl said again, "It's your last warning." Her voice quivered a little.

The man didn't want his own daughter to be frightened on him and he contemplated going out to show himself, but a force held him back.

He knew he couldn't stay there for long and thus he shifted into his wolf as quickly as he could and took slow but sure steps forward, almost as if he was playfully teasing his daughter to come catch him. His huge head poked out from the bushes and the girl gasped.

He shook his muzzle, as if asking her not be afraid of him. He took in her entire face properly, a face that was so similar to his mothers that it comforted him but also gave a bitter twang.

He couldn't let his scent be recognised so he ran, his paws heavy on the ground. He took enough time to hear his daughter say, "Guardian Angel." His heart warmed.

He would return and maybe one day have the courage to face his mate, who without doubt would be a force of fury, but his love for her would be clear and hopefully enough to push away all her worries and bring out all her passion once again. He would remain chaste for a thousand years, just to have one final taste of Charlotte Johnson, the only woman who would ever capture his heart.

-----*-----

I know, another authors note?

I just wanted to say that as most of you had suspected, his pregnant mate was threatened. Year after year he returned to see his family and saw Quinn grow up although from a distant glance. He wanted to go back home, but like I had mentioned, Arden is a tough wolf and his mate, his Luna was threatened and that is one of the gravest crimes in the werewolf world. Even if Arden's human side forgave Wesley, his wolf and the wolves of the rest of the Sangre Leikos pack would always see Wesley as a traitor and target.

Everyone has their own story, and so did Wes.

If you want to read an extra for any of the other characters(excluding Castile for the moment), comment below and I'll definitely try another one.

Lots of love until next time,
BanditQueen.